Newcomer

Re: Random Modem Disconnects (T3 / T4 errors)

I can confirm I'm getting the same high upstream power levels when the connection drops, 51-52 dBmV. When the connection stablizes, it goes to the normal 44-46 dBmV.

Expert

any US or DS level changes of 3 dB are causing the t3/4 errors and resets, you need to get twc out as you've  documented what the issue is and they need to fix it.. print out both those pages.

whenever US get's above 50 dBmv, issues arrise.   this may be a bad outside line/ corroded center wire in a connector, etc.

Newcomer

Had a higher level tech come out. He told me that the whole building was having the same upload power level spikes as I was (he even showed me the spikes from the other apartments) . He replaced what seemed to be an older out of date connector that supplied cable to the entire building (luckily the maintenence guy for the building just happened to be around to give him access to that connection, which the first tech didn't have access to). He said he's going to watch the connection for a couple days to see if it smooths out for everyone in the building. I'll check back in after a week reporting if I still have disconnects.

Expert

T3/4 jumps are due to either gain changes or noise  or RF carrier ingress anywhere on the node, could be 200-500 subscribers....

Since all 4 channels are jumping, it has to be noise or gain , RF transmitters will only nail a single US channel.

If correctables and uncorrectables increase  and the DS s/n drops, it almost has to be a bad connection somewhere between the buildings distribution amp and the coax to fiber concerter out on the street somewhere.