Rookie

Outage in Cincinnati

45255. When will the internet come back up? Why can't Spectrum give us a heads up that the internet in our area is down?
6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Outage in Cincinnati

Call  1-800-892-2253

How can they notify you when the internet is down?Woman LOL

Rookie

Because every account has a phone number does it not?  and how many consumers own a cell phone that uses cellular data and not wifi? 

Sharer

So do you really think customer service is going to call thousands of customers? If the electricity goes out does your electric company call you? Also, do we know this is a system wide outage in the city or is it just you or your street/neighborhood?  Many times the only way utility providers know there is something wrong is if customers call and report an outage.

Expert

When you have TWC phone, it's the number they call you on and when the internet is down, 99% of the time twc phone will not work. There is the possibility some cable channels might be on a different fiber and they may still work.

All you can do is call in and try to get a repair completion time, good luck because you will get routed to a recording stating there is an areawide outtage.

Rookie

Then how come when I called TWC to find out what's going on an automated message said there was an outage in my area.

If they can have an automated message based on the phone number I'm calling from, I'm sure they can have an automated message that will call the customers affected.

Its not rocket science.

Plus, I requested a call back when service is restored and did NOT receive one.

Rookie

I don't have a TWC phone number and if the phone line is connected to the internet, why did they have to put two face plates in my wall?  one for the cable connection and one for the phone connection?  And the phone connection has a standard "Phone" jack, not a DSL or ethernet cable....that tells me its a standard analog line not internet.

But TWC should know...I'm a customer right?  They don't need to quess what kind of land line or phone numbers are on my customer profile.