brian228
Accepted Solution

Outage List?

I just spent 1 hour and 10 minutes on my cell phone with Time Warner Cable Internet tech support. I talked with five different people and went through the same cable modem troubleshooting requests twice (power cycle modem, etc.) At the end of the call, the last person I spoke with decided that a technician needed to be dispatched to my house. When she tried to pull a service date, her system would not allow her to set up a technician visit because my area was experiencing an outage. Couldn't someone have picked up on this at the beginning of the call rather than have me use up my cell phone minutes?

The final word I got was to try the Internet connection again later as she had no info on what the problem might be or when it might be fixed. She only found out about the outage when she tried to dispatch a technician.

Doesn't Time Warner have any kind of website that lists service outages, their disposition and an estimated time on when they might be fixed?

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
MegaMasterX

Re: Outage List?

While there isn't a site to check for outages, you can check your equipment status from the MyTWC application (Useful if the internet is out). The equip status will tell you if its offline. Our automated system is designed to catch outages and let you know before transferring you to a rep...It almost seems like the outage was triggered while you were on the phone with customer service (While uncommon, its not impossible).  

Most outage durations vary based on problem (Fiber cable cut, drop cords down, general failures, etc.) but most are resolved around 90-120 minutes after the outage is "officially" declared.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
ant

TWC used to have it, but it was removed long ago. Others and I loved it, and really want it back. See http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28011420-Road-Runner-Network-Status-Page-Still-down and http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28270756-Has-Time-Warner-killed-the-network-status-page- for the discussions. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
MegaMasterX

With the scope of our network now, outages come and go very quickly. Based on the links you provided, this might be an interesting feature to be integrated into MyServices.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
ant

MegaMasterX wrote:

With the scope of our network now, outages come and go very quickly. Based on the links you provided, this might be an interesting feature to be integrated into MyServices.

Yes, please bring this back for those upcoming planned outages and unepxected long outages. I had them before.

Please use plain text.
Lferger

I was in the same boat today. 15 minutes on the phone with tech support and I suggested there might be an outage, could they check? Tier 1 tech support at Time Warner is pretty useless. They know your phone number, why doesn't their system tell them there's an outage immediately?

After 4 more hours, I just contacted them via chat. I asked if there was a web page with outage status and the chat rep gave me the outdated URL for help.rr.com. Did I mention tier 1 tech is useless?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cuse165

Its because TWC did not want people to know how bad they suck.

Please use plain text.
davebach

MegaMasterX wrote:

This is a necessity for some customers. If I have trouble with my service and I have already rebooted my modem, I always used to check my area for an outage BEFORE I waste time on the phone. Please add this back, it simply makes sense.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
tonyram57

I missed it too.  It was a bit hard to understand sometimes but it has much infomation.

Please use plain text.
marshsusie59

The same thing is happening to me in the Lex. KY area right now. No TV service at all for the last 2 hours.. I believe I finally have made up my mind to go to direct TV. When we had Insight cable services it was great. TWC bought them out last month or so and it has been nothing but outages and rate hikes. I Loved my insight cable but twc has destroyed it and now it is time to leave. My husband has been wanting Direct but I always loved my cable TV with Insight. TWC why have you all messed it all up so bad? I don't want to switch but this is really becoming unbearable.
Please use plain text.