Rookie

Re: Out of options.. Cable modem keeps rebooting. Should I change out the modem?

Thanks for the info. The modem has been up for 18 hours now, which is longer than it has ever been for the last 3 months. I logged on with both my iMac and my wife's Mac while my daughter was gaming, and so far no reset.

I ran the latest status from the cable modem and am seeing -1.20 dBmv to 2.20 dBmv, SNR ranging from 36.61 to 38.61 for downstream. Upload is 34.50 to 37.50 dBmv.

I'd like to see if it goes down this evening at all, as I expect some heavy usage. I'll come back either way. I was also thinking I could request a separate phone modem, similar to what I had before. THANK YOU so much for your help!

Re: Out of options.. Cable modem keeps rebooting. Should I change out the modem?

We have had this problem for over two weeks now.  They replaced the line to the house, the lines under the house, and the modem.  The problem has not gone away.  We are giving up and going to switch back to our last provider.  It was the worst decision for us to switch to this provider.  They just can't get it figured out.

Highlighted
Rookie

After 24 hours, the modem has not rebooted- disabling IPV6 on my router appears to have fixed the problem! Thanks for all the information and help, you have really saved me a lot of headache and hassle.
Expert

They don't know how to configure/route the mess they have acquired, they are trying to access 3 different DNS servers& the emta server by horribly different pipelines thru widely varying routes and propagation delays which fouls up reliable packet transfers via the 3 different modes. It either overloads or confuses/times out the all in one causing a reset.

Sorry but the IPv6 & emta phone issue is a known bug going on 3 years now. The only solution if you really need IPv6 is to add a splitter, buy your own modem for the internet side and if you're a twc legact customer, they drop the modem rental fee. 

It's also possible the technicolor combo works better, the Ubees are junk.

I've heard that if all devices are IPv6, the problem disappears but that's almost impossible with the variety of devices most customers have.

Expert

They don't know how to configure/route the mess they have acquired, they are trying to access 3 different DNS servers& the emta server by horribly different pipelines thru widely varying routes and propagation delays which fouls up reliable packet transfers via the 3 different modes. It either overloads or confuses/times out the all in one causing a reset.

Sorry but the IPv6 & emta phone issue is a known bug going on 3 years now. The only solution if you really need IPv6 is to add a splitter, buy your own modem for the internet side and if you're a twc legact customer, they drop the modem rental fee. 

It's also possible the technicolor combo works better, the Ubees are junk