Expert

Re: Not getting expected internet speeds.

What zip in Ohio?

Rookie

Thank you, I see I have a lot to learn about modem function, I am eager to learn how to troubleshoot.

I will repost the the data from 192.168.100.1  in a few hours.

There are no splitters or phones near my modem. I do not use their phone system. Cable enters my home from the pole to the second floor, so I can't check those cables/connections.. Perhaps I should ask Spectrum to check and replace my cable connection? Years ago I had a internet connectivity problem from water getting into the cable line, maybe that is happening again?

Doing a factory reset on the Arris Modem will give me a different home channel? Do I need to ask Spectrum to do that remotely or can I do it myself?

Thank you

Rookie

Highlighted
Established Sharer

There were some scheduled service cutovers last night, and will be a few more later today, in addition to outages caused by the cold weather and NYE-partying motorists trying to knock down poles with their vehicles. 

Also it looks like somebody's clock is set wrong; the speedtest app is showing Central Standard Time, but your ZIP and the Columbus Regional Center are both in Ohio which is Eastern Time Zone.  That will cause slow speeds because the DS channels can't bond correctly  (That error is probably in Columbus).

Expert

Make sure your router and computer are set to the correct time zone and the time server is turned on

A factory reset may get a different home channel

Rookie

I had to restart my router so I do not yet have the updated error log from 192.168.100.1

My router had been set at

(GMT-05:00) Indiana East, Columbia, Panama

but I changed it to

(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (USA & Canada)

I am not sure it that makes any difference since both were GMT-05:00
Below is a different speed check. Ookla. Also here is the historical speed checks from my router through it's interface. It seems to have timestamped all those checks correctly.

Ookla-test.pngRouter-SpeedChecks.JPG

Expert

need to see the signal page with some "soak" time...

Rookie

Here is a little shy of 5 hours "soak time"

11pm_Page_1.jpg

Expert

Correcteds don't look that bad, there's a tiny bit of ingress from local tv and  4G cellular.

Do you have a device hoarding bandwidth like cloud, sync, onedrive, dropbox? anything wireless?

Rookie

Nothing is on auto backup. I have a media server plugged into ethernet, but it just sits there until I pull up a video. I use dropbox but nothing is on all the time that has it and I usually let my computers sleep.  Nothing was syncing all weekend. I only had about 6-7 things on the network, phone, tv a few computers.  I am experiencing periodic lag on my streaming, but I pay so much for these services, I would like to get at least half of what I am owed, not one tenth.