Highlighted
Rookie

Need help setting up internet

I never imagine how frustrated it would be to set up internet. If i make an appointment to cone help me set up the internet, would they help with the coax cable wall outlet? I looked in all rooms and didnt find anything. And im not gonna dig a hole in the wall where i shouldnt.
*EDIT* forgot to mention i moved to a new place, and found one outlet but its hollow, you can actually stick a pencil inside.
8 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Need help setting up internet

You move to a new place.  You set up a new account with Spectrum / TWC.

Are you getting any other services?  (Video?  Phone?)

Did you ask for a self-install kit?

Did you buy any of your own equipment (cable modem, wireless router).

There are too many unknowns to even start guessing.

Observer

Since there is no cable going in; you would need to have someone come out unless you want to drill the holes and crimp the cable yourself. The RG-6 is rather simple to crimp compared to the RJ-11 or the RJ-45 cables. If you have the tools and equipment to do the job; then go for it. But you may need someonem to "activate" the line.

Expert

You shouldn't be crimping RG6, supposed to use compression connectors, have TWC do it with good cable, that way they can't blame you....

Rookie

Im getting cable and phone too, but i cancelled (sp?) the cable already. I bought the equipment, the self-install kit.
Rookie

Thank you, in gonna do that
Rookie

I dont have the tools to do it, and im renting the place, so i need to ask the landlord for permission first before i do anything else.
Expert

Self install kit's are 99% USELESS, you still need twc out to connect the cable at the pole and probably replace the grounding block and connectors, make sure there's no extra splitters in line, check levels, etc...

Lead Moderator

If there is no existing cable outlet, I does not sound like you have one that is connected 

to the network. 

Being a rental you would want to get permission for this, we may need to drill.

You can reach us at 1-800-892-4357 to get something set up. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums