Newcomer

Modem does not connect

So I recently switched to spectrum from ATT. I plugged in everything correctly. Says I am online but the modem does not connect. I know the coax wall works since I use ATT with it. Tried it with a different coaxial wall outlet as well. Is there anything I can do, without calling a tech to come out here to "activate" if I can do it myself? (money is tight to have someone come out if I can somehow do it myself.)

I have yet to go up to my attic, but from what I can see there, are two splitters that have coax cables plugged into it. 

2 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Modem does not connect

The fact that the coaxial outlet worked with AT&T means it should not work with Spectrum.

That coaxial outlet leads to a line that connects to AT&T's infrastructure - so it in no way connects with Spectrum.

You would definitely need to have a technician come out to connect that outlet to  the Spectrum network.

Helper

Re: Modem does not connect

@veevee wrote:

So I recently switched to spectrum from ATT. I plugged in everything correctly. Says I am online but the modem does not connect. I know the coax wall works since I use ATT with it. Tried it with a different coaxial wall outlet as well. Is there anything I can do, without calling a tech to come out here to "activate" if I can do it myself? (money is tight to have someone come out if I can somehow do it myself.)

I have yet to go up to my attic, but from what I can see there, are two splitters that have coax cables plugged into it. 

Can you explain what this statement means: "Says I am online but the modem does not connect."  What says that you are online? The modem? What modem is it? How are your devices connected...wired or wifi? Did you reboot everything once hooked up?

Did a tech come out to run a new line from the street to your wall? Is the outlet you have the modem connected to actually connected to anything on the other end (ie. the Spectrum main line and NOT the old AT&T main line)?