Newcomer

Making Wi-Fi connection to smartphone but password quit working

I used my password yesterday on a new smartphone and the password worked.  Later that day my other smartphone was not connected to wi-fi . I had to select my network  and enter  my password. My regular password would  not work. I had just used the password a few hours earlier and it had worked. I have had the same password since I had  my Insight account so have used it successfully for years.  Now, I can not get wi-if on this smartphone because my password will not work. How can I fix this? 

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Re: Making Wi-Fi connection to smartphone but password quit working

Good morning!

Is it working on other devices? 

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Valued Contributor

Re: Making Wi-Fi connection to smartphone but password quit working

If you are absolutely sure you are typing it properly (easy to mis-key on phone touch screens...IDK how many times I hit the letter below a number, "o" instead if a zero), it may be an issue with how the passphrase is getting converted into hexadecimal. Seen this happen a good bit with older hardware... ie: Linksys would use a different "key" to convert it than a Belkin.

May still be able to find some of the hex converters out there... haven't had to mess with one for a while now, or I could point you to one.

But first and foremost, make absolutely sure there isn't a mis-key happening.