Participant

Re: Lost Internet connection again

Wed Jan 21 05:00:21 2015/ Wed Jan 21 05:00:21 2015 /Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=9c:ad:..

Wed Jan 21 05:00:21 2015 /Wed Jan 21 05:00:21 2015/ Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8;CM-MAC=9c:ad:..- 2 line event entries

These were the last - apparently this happens to others and might be related to RENEW that failed.

Running fine - up then boom - down.

Expert

those 2 lines are normal reset levelling. ... need the full page of what's causing them

Highlighted
Participant

Well after losing the internet and phone once again last night I called TWC again. Convinced the tech that resetting modem was not the proper resolution and I needed to identify root cause for losing connection. I said that I need to access my home network remotely - just like anyone who has the home security package that allows you to view inside your home when away. I need it for accessing my thermostat if we are away for extended periods in the summer to ensure all is well. I wouldnt be able to reset the modem if I am not there. So - I got a tech sent out today. I also got a second call today from TWC saying they were on the network when it went down again last night at 2am(was watching Netflix) and that all is OK and wanted to cancel service call. I said NO.

End of story - after loooking at the event logs I had he indicated that there is a known issue with UBEE voice gateways like mine and that they have already replaced a bunch. He installed the Arris Dual Band voice gateway so now I dont need my router to get dual band. So not only did I get a better modem but now one that should hopefully not go down regularly. 

p.s.when I told tech on the phone I can send him the event log - he said they dont have access to email. So much for that idea. If your line goes down regularly - get a tech dispatched - unless you want to reset the modem all the time.

Expert

where are you and can you post the current signal level pages?

Participant

Do you want signal levels from old UBEE equipment? If you want levels for current ARRIS modem, tell ,me where signal levels are - or do you want to see old event logs?
I am in Sun City.
Expert

paste the current stuff it's @ 192.168.100.1 or 0.1