Expert

Re: Is this amount of correctables/uncorrectables acceptable?

Is the cable from the wall to modem RG6 or is it something with molded boots?

what model modem? Might be poorly shielded.

You might need snap over ferrite beads at the power inlet and ethernet connectors. Right up against the modem

Browser

I went and checked the line. The cable line (not sure if RG6) is now a straight shot all the way from the cable modem down to the basement into a coax cable joiner, a short cable wire, into another coax cable joiner that goes to the outside.

Before, the cable line from the modem to the basement had a splitter from when we had cable/phone and a filter on the first coax cable joiner. I removed the filter and I removed the splitter, and now the coax cable is directly into the cable joiner. 

To be clear, from the cable modem to the outside (now) there are TWO coax cable joiners, and I made sure they were more than finger tight with pliers. I made sure ALL coax connections were tightened more than finger tight on EVERYTHING.

I came back to test again, test results are the same. Tmobile 700mhz upload is 699mhz-716mhz and whenever the upload test begins, un/correctables start again.

Also, the Modem is an Ubee DDM354 cable modem only, no router.

What should I do?

Lead Moderator

We would be happy to schedule a follow up appointment for you.  

If you will contact us directly, Forums_Help I have noted your account of the problems on the  logs and the correctable and uncorrectables. 

When you contact us please include

1. verification of the account number and address

2. The times you are generally available for an appointment 

3. Your best contact number for prior to the appointment

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Expert

The numbers won't go down to zero umless you reset the modem...

Do they still go up and you loose connection when you make a 4G or data call?

This may need a different modem with bettershielding, unknown if any of the techs are at all experienced with ingress issues, they barely have a clue about egress.

Your actual RF signal levels are good, they might not want to send anyone.

Are there lots of errors in the log?

It really looks like that model has a firmware issue, I would exppect it to drop those 2 channels and put 2 different ones in their place.

But first, the ingress needs to be reduced.

There's also an issue with smart meters that have 4 G/3g data modems into them, the electric ones are the worst culprits.

Browser

For now, it looks like this issue is resolved, but only because of a workaround.

T-mobile sent me an LTE Cellspot that beams band 4 LTE around my home. I hooked that up and band 12 (700mhz) is no longer used on our devices since the band 4 (2100mhz) is taking precident, and we no longer get un/correctables.

If I unplug this LTE Cellspot, our phones revert back to Band 12 (700mhz) and if we access data or make a voice call on VoLTE, you can see the un/correctables rise like there's no tomorrow. This is definitely a T-mobile interference with their band 12 (700mhz).

Should I still follow up on this issue by calling tech support and scheduling an appointment?

Highlighted
Expert

it looks like you had a marginal 4G signal and your devices had to transmit at full power.

Something is allowing the ingress in, but if all the connectors are properly compressedd and the outside grounding block is shiny, not corroded, It's probably direct into the modem and due to poor design. (was designed before 4G LTE was invented, lol.) TWC/ Spectrum and 700 mHz aren't going to coexist.

Spectrum Employee

If you make sure you are talking to a Tier 3 representative and you start talking to them about Correctables/Uncorrectables on specific bands, and it seems like they might not know what you're talking about, request to escalate to their Lead. I've worked in Tier 3 prior to my current position, and my fellow Leads all had a good understanding of cable systems beyond the standard signal levels. You definitely have something going on that is allowing signal ingress. If there is no damage/corrosion along your cable lines, MsRaye may be correct that its the modem itself. And while you may have "fixed" the issue by getting that Cellspot, if anyone comes into/near your home on a T-mobile phone, then your workaround won't work for that timeframe. I'd prefer we get you fixed properly to enjoy a smooth experience all the time, not just most of the time.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Browser

Thanks. When I call in to tech support, can I just request a tier 3 representative and they will comply without a problem? I've tried this before and was told a callback would be done, but I never received the callbacks.

Spectrum Employee

Just make sure you are selecting the right options when calling, that its for Internet Repair. Should direct you automatically to Tier 3. If not, let the agent know you are having internet connectivity issues and would like to speak to Tier 3 as you have already attempted all the basic troubleshooting.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions