Internet speed

I recently upgrade to the 60Mbps.  I did the speed test and it came back with dowload: 1.84Mbps Upload: 5.87Mbps.  Should the speed be close to 60 if not actually 60Mbps??

6 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Internet speed

Users typically report 72 download and 6.8 upload when using a wired connection into their router.  However, folks who have WiFi issues often see speeds as low as you.   Run your SpeedTest check on the TWC-Spectrum Ookla test server while using an ethernet cable between computer and router, then report back with your results.

With the Cable plugged in directly the speed test came to download: 2.17Mbps Upload: 5.90Mbps...so not much of a diffence...should i reboot the modem or something?

Established Sharer

Do you have an all in one modem/router combo or a separate modem and router? Did you reboot the modem after you made the switch? Does the speed test show the same results on multiple devices? What modem/router are you using? Post the modems signal levels and event log. You might have a signal issue, damaged lines, or loose connections.

I am using the Arris modem from sectrum.  All i did was take it out of the box and hook it up.  I am currently only have my laptop and phone connected to the internet, and testing on both is about the same.  How do i get the event log and modems signal levels.

Expert

you have a computer issue, something is hoarding bandwidth

Expert

goto 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1