Highlighted
Rookie

Internet modem off line and tv color pixels and sound freeze at times.

I keep having a intermitten problem with internet and tv,mostly the internet goes offline for sometime 5 minutes,15 minutes or up to 5 hours at time and the tv will freeze with color pixels. This issue has caused us to use up all of our cell phone data when the internet is down the phones switches to cellular data.I have called tech support till im blue in the face from frustration,there has been several technicians here and each one claims they find something different and the services are online when they leave but shortly after they leave it goes offline.The techs have replaced the DVR all coax in and under the home,the internet modem and router has been replaced and two days later they replaced the technicolor modem with a Arris and told me there was issues with technicolor and that would fix it.All of the coax from the modem to rear of our home has been replaced as well.Spectrums Technical Support System is broken so how can they service customers properly if there not all on the same page.I have asked for a Engineer to come out and was told to wait for phone call from tech support.Very Bad situation im in.

8 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Internet modem off line and tv color pixels and sound freeze at times.

Good morning.

I was able to locate the account using your registration email.

You have multiple T4 timeouts. 

Looks like there is an appointment on the schedule for today. 

I would encourage you to let them know that your modem logs are showing 

multiple T4 timeouts.

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Proven Sharer

The combination of the modem going off-line, and the degredation of your video signal to me, indicate that there is a problem with either your premise wiring (frayed cable, open / unused connections) or wiring in the street, attributable to intermittent / loose connections, or cell phone / TV signal ingress into the cable system.

If the tech does come, please post what news he delivers.

Rookie

Thanks for the information as i had to wait for the internet to come back on to reply..just saying i shouldnt have to relay the modem T4 activity to the tech,Spectrum should relay how many techs have been here what componets have been tested/replaced and all DVR/modem activity so when the tech pulls in the driveway he will know exactly what hes working with.Usually the services are online when the tech gets here so they dont see it offline and just make some type of repair hoping to fix the problem.I think they should attach there computer scan tool to the pole connector and one at back of our home for a day and let it record when it goes offline and see if the signal is lost at the pole or coax underground or at the box at the back of our home.I apologize for venting but this has been a hugh inconvenience for us.

Proven Sharer

Don't reset your modem for at least six hours before the visit.   Post signal levels here.  Visit 192.168.100.1, I beleive, on your home LAN to access the modem logs.

Helper

I get that you feel like you shouldn't have to "help" the tech do his job and that Spectrum should already know what to do, but anything you can provide to them to assist in the process will only help them correctly diagnose the problem and get you up and running more quickly.

Rookie

Wow I have been waiting all day for the tech to get here the appointment is for 6pm just got a call he won’t be here till 8pm and the internet has went offline over 20 times hmmmm!!

Rookie

Well the technician came and did a very through test of everything and actually did what others had not done that was to test the signal on the main line at the top of the pole,he determined the problem was with my neighbors coax and it’s back feeding interference to my line so he put a filter on the line to block the back feed until the coax is repaired next door.

Lead Moderator

I'm glad to hear that the problem has been identified.

Please update us if the problem returns.

Hope you are having a good day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums