Highlighted
Rookie

Internet is constantly going out

[ Edited ]

Hello TWC,

I need someone to contact me and tell me why my services continue to go out on a daily basis and what you're doing to correct the problem.  

It's gotten worse over the last few months.  How do I know? My son is living with us while he hunts for a job and, guess what, he uses the internet daily to find jobs and conduct interviews.  He tells me it goes out everyday. Sometimes for long periods of time, sometimes for short periods. Regardless, it continues to go out daily.

Just this morning, I tried turning on my TV while getting dressed for work and my TV, Phone, and Internet were not working.  Same last night, and the day before.  Using our cell phones, we called customer service this morning and they had no information to share as to why our service was out.  Based on the gentlemans comments, I get the impression that there is NO communication between the people out in the field fixing problems and the customer service team.  The CS reps seem to never know what's going on when our service is out.  Most will dig and try and give you answer but, for the most part, they really don't know because no one has given them any information.

I work from home 2-3 days per week so I need to have reliable phone and internet services.  I was extremely miffed when the  WebEx meeting I was hosting last Thursday with 8 other people, suddenly went dead. No Phone, No Internet.  So I called customer service. After being placed on hold several times, the rep finally discoverd that it was a planned outage. That was the reason why I had no service. A PLANNED OUTAGE! To my knowledge, TWC contacted no one in my neighborhood to let us know about this outage. They certainly did not contact me.  Had I had known they were pulling the plug on my services for over 2 hours, I would have rescheduled my meeting.  A little over a year ago, we switched from CenturyLinkDSL to TWC and never had we experienced so many outages when we had DSL.  Yeah it's slower but at least it's reliable. Which is what I need more than the so-called 300 mbps I'm supposed to be getting from TWC.  I have Netgear equipment that has advertisment on the box saying it's designed to work best with TWC but have yet to see 300 mbps.

I have had it up to here with TWC and your unreliable service.  I need reliable phone and internet services to do my job. If you cannot provide this for me I will take my business elsewhere.

Someone at TWC with some answers needs to contact me ASAP.  Look me up:

Harold (edited)

Zip Code: 27587

11 REPLIES
ch5
Spectator

Re: Internet is constantly going out

I have been having the same problem with internet/phone connectivy for the past month.  Techs have been in my home three times in the past three weeks checking signals and swapping modems.  This last vist on Monday they told me I need to have the old wiring replaced even though they received good signal levels.   I had the original modem for 2 1/2 yrs and the same wiring and did not have issues untill recently.  Seems suspicious.

Expert

You have a coaxial issue of some sort, need to see real data, don't reset the modem, Copy and paste the modems signal level abd error log pages. Thhis is peer to peer support We are customers as well.

Established Sharer

@hlwillisr

The "YOU" and "YOUR" in your request for technical help are wrongly directed toward the folks who post here.  You've sent your note to a peer-to-peer INTERNET Connectivity forum staffed by customer volunteers.  If there is something that we folks on the forum can do to help you and TWC diagnose a problem with your home internet connection we'll try to assist.  As customers just like you, we do understand the problems and frustration of dealing with the bureaucracy that this company has recently become.   None of us work for Spectrum, except for the moderators and some very helpful technical staff who contribute while on personal time, all of whom are identified as Spectrum employees. 

Your complaint seems to be that nobody warned you that scheduled maintainance was being performed in your neighborhood.  The fact is that cable network problems need to be repaired promptly to reduce impact on service to customers like you and me, very similar to electric, gas, water or sewer line breaks.  Putting things in perspective, I cannot personally recall any of those utility folks notifying me in advance that they were busy repairing their infrastructure and closing the highways in my area.   I know from experience that notifying every subscriber, or just everyone at TWC who might answer your phone inquiry, takes time before the actual repair work can begin, and therefore adds to the outage duration. 

If you'd like to discuss your issue with TWC, I will flag one of the moderators @Julia_R for you.

Rookie

Hello karlbeckman,

Thank you for responding and the clarification. You can understand how I could have made this mistake.  I'm on the TWC website utilizing their connectivity forums. I was not aware that this was a  peer-to-peer INTERNET Connectivity forum staffed by customer volunteers.  I apologize.  No, my complaint is not just  that no one warned me that scheduled maintainance was being performed in my neighborhood.  My complaint is about the constant outages, the result of which caused me to loose productivity from that planned outage.  Can you imagine the confusion that I had to address as I'm cutoff mid sentence and my presentation disappears from everyone's screens?   No sir, my issue is with the CONSTANT outages which I what I want TWC to address.

"The fact is that cable network problems need to be repaired promptly to reduce impact on service to customers like you and me, very similar to electric, gas, water or sewer line breaks" - I agree.  Storms and a car accidents happen.  However in this case, this was a planned outage.  Their is no reason why TWC could not have sent an email or robocall to those residents who would be affected.  They have our phone numbers. If you want to verify that, stop paying your bill and see if you get a call.  We're talking neighborhoods and not towns and cities or 1000s of people that would have to be notified.  No, I respectfully disagree with your statement.

"I know from experience that notifying every subscriber, or just everyone at TWC who might answer your phone inquiry, takes time before the actual repair work can begin, and therefore adds to the outage duration. "

Then why have a customer service department? Their job is to satisfy customers by successfully addressing their issues and not make repairs.  TWC could have directed their CS department to notify customers in the affected area.  Again,  I respectfully disagree with your statement.

"If you'd like to discuss your issue with TWC, I will flag one of the moderators @Julia_R for you."

Yes I would. Thank you for flagging one of the moderators.

Rookie

It's always not their fault.  You now have to get your whole house rewired just to use their service. Phffft.....

Rookie

Respectfully, I don't know what it is you're asking for.  

This is all I want, I pay my bill, my service works.  Plain and simple.

Expert

You have a coaxial issue of some sort, copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages, don't reset it, need to see real history.

And umm, mines been up for a "couple days", lol.

Cable Modem OperationValue

Current Time and DateApr 22 2017 12:06:07
System Up Time78 days 19h:21m:43s
Rookie

LOL..."couple of days" . Unfortunately, I can't say that.

I have reset my router based on TWC customer services "solution" to my issue. Next time it goes out, I will post that information here.

Expert

78 days ago the pizza shop overloaded a transformer and set a pole on fire, First energy had to replace the pole and 3 transformers,, TWC's fiber subcontractor had to hang a mile of new fiber and splice in both ends, I had no internet for 14 hours, but cable tv was still ok because it was on an undamaged fiber.

I'm still running a 6141 and Spectrum did a free upgrade from 15/1 to 20/2