N/A

Internet cuts out multiple times a day

[ Edited ]
Have been a TWC client for over a year now. No options in my area that are any better since frontier took over Verizon. Internet is on and off all day long. Short breaks, but stop me from doing business. What the hell? Arris surfboard modem is great, signal on "Ultimate 300" just sucks. What are my choices? Service completely out today. I miss Verizon!
7 REPLIES

Re: Internet cuts out multiple times a day

I also have had this problem for Months!! Phone calls are all of a sudden cut short, same with gaming & work!! Had a tech out last of June, saw nothing wrong, had good signal yet started up again next a.m. I've sit here an watched it go on & off like 6 times back to back. Would LOVE to have some sort of concrete FIX...

[ Edited ]

Hopefully this will post,  replied once and it has not posted.  We have had the same issue EVERY SINGLE DAY for  months, have had techs out here constantly and told they could not find anything wrong.  We do not have the "special package and pay full cost" . My husband saw a tech down the road and asked him if he was here for our issue and he said no, husband told him our issue and stated that he just wanted to know if this was as good as it was going to get.  The tech asked if we still had their modum and he said yes, tech said to ditch it, they are garbage, and buy our own.  I am looking at new ones today.

Expert

Read other posts before simply complaining here and especially hijacking threads.

Need data, in almost all cases, switching modems WILL NOT FIX DROPOUT ISSUES that are caused by signal issues.

Start seperate threads with the signal and error log pages for a start. This is peer to peer suppoert and many issues are obvious and solveable.

I have the same problem. Spectrum says there is no problem in my area. if it is a known problem why aren't they acknowledging this to their customers?

How do we determine that this is caused by a signal error?
Browser

I have been trying my best to pick on Spectrum too, but my Internet never seems to go down :^)
You can check your cable modem signal at http://192.168.100.1
Also, look under the "Logs" tab for disconnects and other interesting messages.

Highlighted
Expert

Start new thread with sig/log pages and not hijacking this thread, it's already beyond salvation...

other than the austin tx issue from 2 years ago, there is NO SAME PROBLEM with signal/dropouts, need to see logs and levels.