Internet always get cut off every single day at least 4 times a day.. what’s wrong?

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: Internet always get cut off every single day at least 4 times a day.. what’s wrong?

Let me look into my crystal ball...

In other words we need some details.

Observer

Re: Internet always get cut off every single day at least 4 times a day.. what’s wrong?

Hi, Dee. Gee I am sorry to hear that, reminds me of the "olden days" when we kept getting kicked off AOL etc. SO annoying! To date, I have had that probem myself a few times. What works for me is that I reboot my modem and my router and re-direct my router to make sure it isn't being blocked by a wall or door. Make sure your plugs are in tight on your modem and router as well as your electrical supply. My kitty has, on occasion, turned off my surge protector when trying to snoop under that stand where the strip is located.  Actually, I think he does it on purpose to watch me get all ticked off because it seems to entertain him when that happens LOL! Perhaps I need to spend more time with him? Anyway, if none of that helps, you may need to get a newer router and/or trade in your modem for another. Most of my dropped inter net  was due (so I found out) to an older router. Once I bought a new router and eventually got a new modem, all seems to be fine. I do realize that isn't the answer for everyone and may not be your problem, but if I can help you, I will, just respond to this post and I will do my best to help you! Best of luck to you, JJ

Established Sharer

The issue is most likely a signal problem caused by loose connections, chewed up lines, wireless interference, fluorescent lighting, baby monitors, etc. Could be anything without more information.

Is the issue the exact same time every day without fail?

Is the issue with all devices or only some devices?

Is this a wired or a wireless connection?

What modem and router is used?

What is the connection setup?

Spectrum Employee

For peer-to-peer support you have to be willing to share some relevant facts that can help troubleshoot.  The moderators posted sticked topics that can help in this section of the forums.  Please review them.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.