Observer

Internet Consistently Dropping!

[ Edited ]

I'm on TWC router in the 27106 zip code area on the router: ARRIS model DG1670A. Using the $80 plan (faster tier but not the very top)  It usually goes out every single day, at some point and please don't ask if it's the same time because it never ever is. No rhyme, no reason.  I may get one lucky day of full internets, but it's rare now.

I've been having this issue too long, past months now and losing count of the times I've had to contact support about it. I've been through the ENTIRE song and dance, "did I turn it off and on again", resetting the signal, going through all the variety steps of double checking this and that, letting the tech on and running all sorts of things where it lasts hours, asking is it plugged into the wall, I do really mean everything. On the logs, he could see it was indeed dropping and I'm not insane.

Today, it's gone out about four now 5 times already. Interrupts my gaming sessions and everything else I'm trying to do.  I probably need is a tech to come out and check the actual cables or lines, but dread at the idea of sitting through another boring, long, drawn out chat support session to even make it to that step.

Pertinent info: I only have internet. Phone and laptop go through wifi, and main computers have ethernet. It's plugged into wall for router, as one of them claimed it being plugged into surge protector would 'cause issues' - ok...? That hasn't done jack squat to help since. 

I have not had one week go by where it didn't drop me out of an important event or task, it's driving me crazy. I get it going out now and then, it's whatever, fine. But this is ridiculous! 

Is anyone else having this issue? How do I get some actual help?!? What could possibly be causing this kind of issue this frequently? Sorry for the whining but, I'm really frustrated and tired of paying a lot for internet that only halfway works and ruins all my fun :/ 

13 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Internet Consistently Dropping!

Don't reset the modem, copy and paste the signal level and ereror log pages. Might be obvious

Established Sharer

The first step in getting help is to supply the information that has been requested, including your ZIP code. If you don't know how to capture and paste the signal levels and error log from reading other postings, just ask. Arguing will always add to any response delays from the volunteer staff.
Newcomer

This just started happening to me.  Two other people I work with have bitterly complained to TWC about this issue without a resolution.  I've contacted technical support a couple of times.  They told me it's because there's too many people taxing the system at once and we're all sharing the bandwidth.  Yeah that's why my connection fails consistantly at 2 in the morning.  All of my nieghbors are streaming videos in the middle of the night?

I'm going to call them and tell them that I'm not paying for that portion of my bill.  I HATE HATE HATE this kind of stuff.  They're stealing money from me.  You can't charge me for something that doesn't work.  It's not my fault that their equipment  is subpar.  I'm certainly not paying subpar fees.

It's time to crank up the social media network slam against this comany.  You can't steal money from your customers.  It's time to expose this fraudulent scheme.

Expert

Look people, you need to copy and paste the signal level and error log pages first, don't reset the modem need to see real history.

This is peer to peer support and I don't hand out crying towels, Woman Sad

Observer

I will try to do that when I'm back at home. It might have reset in that time, I don't know for certain. Also, I was unable to reply because for some reason TWC forums would not let me log in, no matter what I tried. I had to write in asking why I seemed to be locked out (not from password logging in, I mean like banned?) I should note I've never had that happen before, but I saw your replies and am glad somehow it's letting me back in, since I've done nothing wrong.

Observer

[ Edited ]

MsRaye: I'm not sure I'd go so far to say anyone is crying here. You seem frustrated. I did not know to paste that in ahead of time, or I would have done so. I think I went pretty far above and beyond to provide what information I could see being requested from my own forum browsing, being that I'm new here and all. Patience appreciated Smiley Tongue

Observer

[ Edited ]

Gilbertpro: I'm sorry that is happening to you, and I do understand the extreme frustration it causes. I've definitely been having this problem for far too long, and spent too many hours on their chat. I am not arguing with them whatsoever. I've done everything they've ever asked. Let them check all sorts of things. Done extensive personal research (to my best ability, but let's face it, I'm not an expert here) I consider myself somewhat saavy and still, the issue proceeds to happen on an every single day basis. It's tiresome. I don't mind an occasional outage or problem or weather related incident. Life's not perfect. But, experts or other people (in their support and on here) should also understand it's incredibly taxing to deal with dead-end answers and important events being delayed because your internet keeps going out.

Should you figure out what's causing it or find any solutions, please I do hope you'll come back and let me know Smiley Sad

Observer

[ Edited ]

karlbeckman: Not sure if you are talking to me.. but, i did provide my zip code and will provide what I can when I'm able to do so. The support logged in and saw my logs and told me he could see all the times it's disconnected, so whether you find that helpful or not, there it is.

Expert

Whatever support told you is no help to me or anyone else here... It's probably incorrect and is why you're still having issues. Charter/spectrum was supposedly replacing the china people with a US call center but if there's no proper troubleshiooting scripts/ procedures, it will remain the same...Woman Sad