Rookie

IP Address

IP address is showing Eldred, PA, but my computer is in Olean NY at my home address. How do I fix this. NYS website won't recognize me because they say my computer is not in NYS. Thanx ! 

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: IP Address

@Firk73 wrote:

IP address is showing Eldred, PA, but my computer is in Olean NY at my home address. How do I fix this. NYS website won't recognize me because they say my computer is not in NYS. Thanx ! 

You are ***.  Traffic is being routed across state lines before leaving Spectrum's system.

I almost never have my geographic location accurately depicted, and it's not just Spectrum... but other providers, too.  Typically I am a few towns away from my real location...

There is nothing YOU can do, but you could open a service ticket.  I doubt they'll fix it.  You may have better luck contacting NY State and telling them of your dilemma.

Maybe if you subscribe to their Spectrum Select TV service, they'll give you Pittsburgh local TV during football season, so you'll be able to watch the Steelers instead of the Bills...

Contributor

Why would ny.gov care where your computer is?  Maybe you are on vacation in vermont and trying to call home. 

What part of the website is not accessable to you?

Rookie

NY Lottery fixed it ! My server is across the state line in PA, but I live in NY, corrected now.