Newcomer

INTERNET SPEED

Ok if I can get ONE person to say they are getting 60 mbps of INTERNET speed tellme how you got it hte BEST i can get is 32.5 , so much for Spectrums NEW 60 mbps internet PROMISE or guarntee

7 REPLIES
Expert

Re: INTERNET SPEED

What modem do you have, what router and is speed measured with an ethernet connection?

What do you see here?: https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/speed-test.html

Established Sharer

billieberu wrote:

Ok if I can get ONE person to say they are getting 60 mbps of INTERNET speed tellme how you got it hte BEST i can get is 32.5 , so much for Spectrums NEW 60 mbps internet PROMISE or guarntee

=========

I'm at the  100/10 level, and just now, I'm showing 73 megs DL, and just a tick short of 12 megs up.  And that's consistant here.

Expert

If that's on the twc site with no other devices, it's below their 80% threshold of "acceptable service" ... Did you read the NY AG's report and suit?

Seems some ex TWC engineers turned state witnesses to the deceit and cheat...

Established Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

If that's on the twc site with no other devices, it's below their 80% threshold of "acceptable service" ... Did you read the NY AG's report and suit?

Seems some ex TWC engineers turned state witnesses to the deceit and cheat...

=====

I didn't bother making sure nothing else was running.

I use SamKnows, and my monthly reports always show 95+ DL and 12 UP, with little jitter or errors, and low latency.

Expert

Cloud and Microsofts deceptive use of WIN10 for sharing updates are a huge chewer of bandwidth. I just had to "upgrade the firmware in 2 dozen new smart TV's, right out of the factory and on 5 meg DSL... BLAH!

One place then putin 100 meg Spectrum and the IP guy capped the wireless at 10 megs down, 10 megs up, lol. I'm gonna see whayt happens when I stream youtube videos into all their sets this weekend, lol, see if it's a per device cap or global on the AP's ethernet connection...

Established Sharer

billieberu wrote:

I have the 100/10 plan and consistently get 117/12. You have signal level issue that these guys can diagnose pretty easily if you'll post some details of your connection.

Highlighted
Rookie

I consistently get 70/6 speed and that's wirelessly.

Man Very Happy