Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I need help here... for the life of me, just cannot get this to go...

I realise when it comes to Windows Server 2008 R2 and networking, i have limited knowlage but i am learning it on the fly with my COMPTIA A+ Recertification Corse, and i am becomming Networking+, Security+, and Cloud + Certified on the COMPTIA Certifacations Class... 

I bet one of you has an understanding on this... 

I am trying to save my self $20 a month from Go Daddy Web Hosting Service for my business website. I am tring to host my website on my Windows Server 2008 R2 but for the life of me, I can view it on my internal network, but once i go out of the network it is not viewable. 

My Domain name for my external network is supposed to be www.abestpcs.com

my internet network is .net. 

My DNS Proveder for my abestpcs.com is Go Daddy. my .Net is namecheap.com.

I am using the dns regerstars sites nameservers but with an A Name to my static IP From TWC.  I went as far as setting up custom name servers and same thing. 

On my Domain Name Controller DNS Server, i have followed bassicly every you tube formums and even MS Guide. I have my domain controller network domain my .net and my during DCPROMO.exe it created the zone files automatticly for the DNS for my donmain.

I have a reverse lookup zone for both my twc static ip address and my internal ip address. i have my zone file for abestpcs.com and here are whats in that abestpcs.com dns zone files

i have a new forward lookup zone with  abestpcs.com.

in this forward lookup zone i have the SOA with my server name, and the responsible person is my server name ase well. My Name Server is set to my go daddy name server and my servers name server. with the internal ip address. 

I have a few A Records with my internal ip address and my external ip address.

i also have a simular set up as this with my weather blog site a blog.andysweathersite.com with the dns linked to my google blogger site. 

I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. 

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: I need help here... for the life of me, just cannot get this to go...

Are you a business class customer and do you have their modem router combo and full access to it?  Or do you need to call them for router support? (is it a Ubee... gag)

Is there any sort of security appliance between the router and server?

Any sort of VPN?

Is your outside IP a static one?

Is this  or any part of it running IPv6?   Server 2008 and earlier had issues, TWC has massive issues.   Can you access the server from a  seperate TWC account only and not the real internet?

What speed are you paying for?

Established Sharer

[ Edited ]

Your external site is now viewable in NE OH.  Please post your solution and mark it "Resolved."

Valued Contributor

You know I was such a silly dummy. It was something as simple as opening a port on my router. I am having Internet problems today and for the last few days. They found an issue with my account dropping the static ip address chasing an issue with my Internet dropping in and out. But I been sick from this supper sinus issue as I found out I have a syst in my sinus cavity cussing my sinuses not to drain well. I am to have surgery this summer for it. But the head ache, my being dizzy and not being able to ware my glasses caused me a great deal. Thanks everyone for helping me.
Valued Contributor

I am a business class customer, with 100 by 10 Internet. Being business class I am required to have their modem and I have my own router. I am using their Aris Modem combo. They charge extra for WiFi and I rather use my router and dns, DHCP, server on my domain name controller.
Valued Contributor

By the way I do have TV service that is residential service.
Established Sharer

I understand the sinus issue.   Don't beat yourself up, at least you knew to open the ports on a static address, instead of one in the DHCP range.