New Contributor
Okaydeano

I am so fed up with Time Warner

For years I have used your internet service.  In the last 6 months it has gone to h*** in a hand basket.  I rarely get download speeds above 5 mbps.  I'm not sure what I'm paying for as I call and talk to one rep and hear 20 mbps and another tells me 15 mbps and that my promo (I had a promo???) has expired.  

You've sent a tech out here twice who has told me I need to rewire my entire home for coax.  It worked fine for years.  

I know the drill by heart now.  I do all of your work prior to calling. I do a reboot on everything. Disconnect everything. Reconnect. Run google ping and tracer tests.  see all kinds of time outs.  And yet I get almost word for word the same answers from every tech I communicate with.  Ridiculous.  

What are you doing to wreck my internet service?  IT'S ON YOUR END NOT MINE.  

today's ping and tracer tests

your rep disconnected me after chat ended so I could not reply to the survey.  smart. very smart.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Okaydeano

Re: I am so fed up with Time Warner

Doctoring your speed test results???

Please use plain text.
arthurb3

Same thing here. I have had TWC RoadRunner for 10 years. When they created the "Turbo" Class my "standard" class Roadrunner went downhill! Of course it take an hour to get a rep online!

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
MsRaye

YES, they are. I'm having the same issue here.

I to  am on the ohio RDC and it has a local computer connected to it running speedtest and not the real world. Looks like from here, I go thru macenonia to Kent then either cleveland or pittsburg to Chicago then to KC or to AT&T and sometimes to california to get to the east coast. But to get to the Ohio RDC it goes from Macedonia to Columbus and there's usually no lag or bandwidth limitting or throttling.

Raising my speed 3 weeks ago from 15/1 to 20/2 actually slowed down my "real world" internet speed.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
MsRaye

What happened here was when they started to %)mbps advertisements, the speed here dropped on the 15mbps I was paying for and upgrading it to 20 3 weeks ago has made it worst yet. I's taken me 2 days to get them on the phone, today after numerous hangups when their auto attendant answered, they are sending oa technician to the Macedonia Ohio server to see why it is super fast to the OHIO RDC server which is running the speedtest locally yet the real world which goes thru Kent Ohio to either Cleveland , pittsburg or Chicago absolutely sucks. 21/2.2 on ohio RDC and 0.9/ 2.0 yes 900kbs! when routed any other way. After 3 am it get's up above 15mbps.

Then goes down after dawn

Ms. Raye

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
MsRaye

Your city council, FCC broadband and Ohio attorney general and the BBB may be a better place to get this resolved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramair

Screw TWC, sorry I bundled my home phone, internet and cable back in July.  20 MBPS internet is fast when working, but in last ten days home phone and internet have been down 90% of the time, and HDTV picture and sound break up on almost all channels.

Don't waste your money on TWC.  I am switching to AT&T in the next week.  U-verse 450, plus 24MBPS internet plus home phone.

TWC techs cancel their appointments when they cannot call you, phone is down, DUHH!

Glenn R. Zibart, PE

Louisville KY

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
pjohnson

I agree with this. I'm also having unacceptable service from Time Warner cable. The one thing that I do notice on your ping test is that speedtest.net is using a server in KS, while the Time Warner one looks like the server in OH. That might account for some of the difference. Notice how I say some. I've done the same thing in my area but using the same server and the results were 5 to 10 Mbps difference. Time Warner has a monopoly, so why should they care about their customers? All that they care about is the jingle that their money makes in their pocket. That's it.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
MsRaye

I took their cable modem outside the house and connected it directly to the drop, before the modem /TV splitter and connected it to a new build of windows XP SP3 with no antivirus and no firewall and of course no router. Got the same crappy results, good to Ohio RDC and bad everywhere else and simply HORRIBLE thru Kent OH to Pittsburg PA with evidence of throttling even to the Ohio RDC site (it starts and sits around 6 mbps for a few seconds then jumps up above 15)  Tests to Cleveland State University show speeds 13-22 mbps Pittsburg has been .9 yes POINT 9 to 16mbps but it's all choped up. I have video and am planning on putting it up on youtube this weekend as my call to level 3 has not resulted in any improvement or a call back.

Do a search for TIME WASTED CABLE.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
MsRaye

I see you're going thru a router, they'll blame it on that, lol. Bypass it and use a junk computer with no antivirus or firewall and test again. Be prepared to have your HD's MBR trashed by whatever they're trying to infect it with, they trashed one of mine, I saw attempted redirects to TWC when I was running a competitive speed test then the blue screen of death. Pissed me off, was a new parallel laptop HD and they are getting hard to find! Not to mention 6 hours to try to fix it, give up and install another and get the 150 windows updates as well as IE8, Flash, Java and their updates.

Per the techs I've talked to and sent out, the problem is not on my end so there's nothing they can do, they said all they're allowed to do is use the Ohio RDC local speed test program and if it hit's 20/2 I'm getting what I'm paying for.

Will be putting a video up on youtube "Time Wasted Cable"

Please use plain text.