Expert

Re: Over Subscription | High Latency | Spikes | Intermittent Connectivity | Congestion

start a new thread with signal levels and error log pages.

Re: High Latency | Spikes | Intermittent Connectivity |

No. All of the relevant information is contained within this thread. Having the historical data for others to see is valuable for those who have a choice to not be scammed by Time Warner Cable.
Expert

Signal level and error logs point to specific/ unique issues which may only exist in a specific zip code or on a specific street or in a sole house.

Hijacking threads is pointless as it get's impossible to track or reply with an analysis or a solution.

other than "call TWC"," contact twc on Twitter or the DSL forum private- not shared solutions" or simple cancel TWC and go to a competitor.

MsRaye I appreciate your effort to address the issue. It is clear you don't really understand the issue or how to resolve it. Your troubleshooting efforts are great for the average uninformed customer, but this issue has evolved beyond your understanding. Please stop the negativity in my thread.

All information contained within relates to poor Time Warner Cable performance in the San Diego (92117) area.
Expert

your tracert is pointing to an issue in or between your computer and the node at the head end which can be a coax issue or an issue at the node. It doesn't look like from my end that it's past the node which is the second hop. 76.88.96.1

Node issues are often caused by a lot of obsolete docsis 2 modems or customers with marginal/ bad connections, and not necessarily yours. You can either repair them all or split the node up into smaller groups

You need to compare ping times/ routing with a neighbor that's on the samee CMTS as you are to verify it's not on your end, then call TWC out on it again, as well as the neighbors, latest nonsense is that TWC won't escalate an issue unless techs have been sent out 3 times in a couple month period for the SAME complaint...

A lot of us don't like how the system works and have ways around it, like contacting your state cable tv comission or attorney general. Sorry I sound so negative but I can't fix your problem, you need to call it in

Highlighted

I continue to call it into TWC on a weekly basis. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and currently consult with legal representation for how to proceed.

Numerous techs that have been to my home have told me there is a congestion issue in my area. One tech told me another area near me (Tierrasanta) has been having these same issues for a year or more. Reading TWC forums, I see people in Texas also with the same symptoms that I have.

TWC needs to resolve issues with their customers instead of continuing to advertise and sell service they cannot provide.
Expert

Most of the Texas problems are in the Austin area and center around TWC doing a max upgrade and adding 8 channels that were trapped out at the pole for 3-10,000 internet only subscribers, broadcast TV ingress on the new channels and a node with a bad 8 channel qam shelf.

Most of which created a common "slow internet/ high ping time and was/is all bad engineering/ maint on TWC's customer to headend... It's not the same as what I see happenning in your case which more resembles the Raleigh NC issues.

Next issue you're having is outside the TWC-RR pipeline, in the backbone- transport providers , read the Mlabs report and see if the stuff around page 27-28 is similar to your issues.

http://www.measurementlab.net/static/observatory/M-Lab_Interconnection_Study_US.pdf