Re: High Latency | Spikes | Intermittent Connectivity |

The service continues to get worse. 

Expert

Next possible issue is improper DHCP configuration.

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2(Preferred)

Go into the router and change the dhcp start to 192.168.0.100

Single last digits are an invalid user class in some devices.

Set any static ip's at 192.168.0.99 on down

I've never heard of such an issue with DHCP, but for the sake of trying 'every' recommendation, I made the change.

Modifying DHCP configuration did nothing.

The issue is worse than ever. A tech came on site and pulled a temporary cable from the modem to the patch at the street and still saw the latency/disconnect issue. Even after showing him the issue he insisted on scheduling a re-cabling of the home.

Not opposed to re-cabling the home because it's not my money. It just seems blatantly obvious to me there is a higher level issue within the TWC network. The more I troubleshoot this issue the more I tend to think TWC does not want to resolve a severe over subscription issue.

Any assistance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attempting to seek higher level assistance with this issue via:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30469881-

Valued Participant

Your DSLReport post is private between you and TWC.. other people can't see it. I feel your pain. I have very similar issues as you do. I'm still waiting the "1-3 day" follow-up that I was told I would be getting from the TWC guy on DSLreports.

This is the first time I'm getting conclusive evidence of a problem between me and time warner. Getting 500+ms latency from my modem's hop to hop 2, aka TWC server. It's even gotten up past 3000ms. I'm trying to sarcastically smile about the whole thing but it's one of those cases where you want to start throwing things when no ones looking. Smiley Tongue

Expert

try tracert with another computer.

Move modem to the cable entry point to prove to twc that it's not in the house.. I set mine at the outside grounding block and told the tech, hey it don't work here so it's not an in house issue, Woman LOL

Highlighted

Re: Over Subscription | High Latency | Spikes | Intermittent Connectivity | Congestion

Tech on site today told me it's a congestion issue in my area. He has no ETR.

TWC is selling service they cannot provide reliably. 

Expert

Re: Over Subscription | High Latency | Spikes | Intermittent Connectivity | Congestion

complain to your state cable tv comission, BBB state attorney general, etc....

The connection in my area is nearly unusable. It's impactical how poor the service is when you compare it to other locations and providers where there is healthy competition.

Rookie

I'm in the same boat. San Diego. No other alternative but Time Warner and it is horrible.

I have been battling them for 1 year. Very intermittent service. Sometimes flying sometimes I can't even run speed test.

Had Techs here 3 times and talked to customer service numerous times. I'm finally turning to the forums for help.