Having a lot of uncorrected and correctable errors on my modem

chrome_2018-10-02_18-18-45.pngits pretty badWondering if anyone can help slove this, and what will happen if this keep on happening? thanks. 

9 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Having a lot of uncorrected and correctable errors on my modem

Are you experiencing disconnects? Ensure you don't have any loose connections, damaged coax, or splitters that you don't need with unterminated ends.

Just checked, connections are pretty find, I just check the cable box only to discover, lots and lots of cut cables, it also seems my cable box my tampered, the last technician told me everything was fine and what those cables went nothing to be worried about, but I’m still getting errors like crazy.

As for the splitters, I only have one which connects toward my modem and phone modem, I also tried switching multiple splitters, same results, even with out splitter.
Community Manager

@LuckyDillion29,  

I apologize for any poor experience.  If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Spectrum Employee

I looked into this a bit more out of curiosity, the Post-BERs are being caused by a noise floor issue on your node.  We need a FieldTech (FT) to check the inside and then that FT refer to a MaintenanceTech (MT) to check the neighborhood street lines.  Whomever is causing the leak(s) needs to be disconnected at the tap by MT until it can be properly resolved.  It is most likely somebody near you...

What you , @LuckyDillion29 , could really do to help is to note WHEN the uncorrecteds are rapidly accumulating.  Like for example if it's worst between 4PM and 6PM, that'd REALLY help out in tracking down the noise getting on the plant so it can be fixed once & for all.

Actually that's good advice for any customer dealing with intermittency.  Any kind of pattern in time is very helpful information indeed.  Can't track anything if it's not happening; it has to be an ongoing issue in order to track it down.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.

Hi, thank you for responding, is there any way i can get in contact you guys or with a FieldTech (FT) or MaintenanceTech (MT), unfortunate , the last few tech that stop by our house didn't help our issue, other neighbors are having the same issue, hope there a way by PM or by contact you guys. I'll send you guys my service address to try to the bottom of the sutation if needed. Thanks for replying btw! Hope this issue gets resolved soon.

chrome_2018-10-03_22-27-55.pngThe day after i posted the last update

Community Manager

@LuckyDillion29

If you send a Private Message to us @Forums_Help, we can get a service call set up and include the details needed to get this issue addressed.  Please include your account information and contact number in the PM and let us know if you have preferred day and time for a service call.

Thanks.    

Sure, just sended a PM message just now.