Newcomer

Re: Halo 5 Issues

If you are having issues with Halo 5, would you please provide the following information:

• What region are you located in?
  • Hamilton/Middletown Ohio
  • How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?)
  • It happens mostly every game
  • Does this happen multiple times per game?
  • Yes. Once the lag begins to set in, it only gets worse. 
  • Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.)
  • Shots not registering on opponents, team mates and opponents running into walls, warping, dying without any clue how. Friends say they see me running into walls, or frozen.
  • Make / Model of your router
  • Netgear Nighthawk R7000
  • Firmware version of your router
  • V1.0.3.24_1.1.20

Xbox DVR video proof is also extremely helpful 

I don't know how to post clips from my xbox DVR to here.

Any additional information you can provide about your network / internet connection would also be greatly appreciated.

Rookie

I can't believe I am just finding this thread. I have been experiencing lag since the game's release. I really hope we can get this figured out, it is frustrating to constantly be killed or booted from the match because of lag.

• What region are you located in?

Albany, NY

• How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?)

Averages to be around 50% of my matches, but it seems to happen in clusters (3 good and 3 terrible matches).

• Does this happen multiple times per game?

Yes.

• Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.)

In game timer stops and everyone starts walking inti walls. I wander around for a bit freely looking at everything in the game. Then the timer goes back to the correct time and I warp somewhere or find out I’ve been dead/walking in to walls the whole time. I will also get booted from the match due to lag, but not that often.

• Make / Model of your router

RT-N12 (version B)

• Firmware version of your router

3.0.0.4.374_168-g50fb114

• Make / Model of your modem (since I own my modem. TWC phone support loves to blame it for the issue. Tested with the modem from my parents’ house and I still experience the same lag).

ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0

Xbox DVR video proof is also extremely helpful 

This is a 30 second clip I took while playing that shows the issue.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Rhamsey/video/14684695

Any additional information you can provide about your network / internet connection would also be greatly appreciated.

I have no issues playing online in any other game. That includes other shooters and driving games like forza. Also, when I bring my xbox to my parents’ house to watch my brother on the weekends, I have no issues with lag. The house is only a few miles away and also has TWC, with a lower data speed. Smiley Sad

I have noticed that lag during halo 5 is much worse in playlist that have more than 8 players. Warzone, Warzone assault, and Big Team Battle are the greatest offenders, but it happened even during team doubles (4 players in the match). The lag also seems to spike when I’m playing with friends in a party chat.

Community Manager

Hi everyone-- 

I just want everyone to know that resolving this issue remains a priority. We continue to work with the game developer and continue to monitor any changes in trends related to customer concerns. Be assured we are busily working through the very detailed information customers have provided to us in order for our engineers to re-create the playability issues some customers have experienced. 

At this time we advise our customers against purchasing new equipment in the hopes of resolving issues they are experiencing with Halo 5. We have not yet isolated any condition causing Halo 5 playability issues that are influenced by the cable modem.

Thank you for your continued patience.  

Spectrum-PhilB
Community Manager
Participant

Thanks Phil for the update!
Rookie

FWIW last weekend I had only one game out of about 30 that had any issues. It was a nice break from the frustrating lag.
Highlighted
Spectator

It looks like 343i may have a solution for these issues:
“Hello all,
For the upcoming February update, which is scheduled to drop towards the end of the month, we have identified and fixed some issues with player warping and game de-sync in some cases. Players on some specific ISPs appeared to experience the conditions required to hit these issues more frequently than others. We believe our fixes in the February CU should help many players suffering from frequent warping. We take these issues seriously and sincerely apologize to our fans who have had poor experiences. If you continue to see significant warping after this update, please let us know!”

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/halo-5-multiple-la...

I guess we'll have to wait for the update to see if this update will fix the issues we've been experiencing. Not sure if the fix in this upcoming update is a combination of work from both 343i and TWC; regardless I appreciate the time TWC has spent working on these issues and also the communication. Let's hope this update resolves all the issues we’ve been experiencing.

Spectator

I figure nobody else is gonna come back to these posts now that it is mostly resolved, but I wanted to thank you, contributors and TWC employees and everyone.

At least for me, my nightmare is over.  343i pushed at least one fix today that worked for me (at least for tonight, crossing fingers).

I went from having issues literally every game, to having absolutely no manifestation in any form (no warping, clock stopping, server desynching, players running into walls, lack of hit detection, floating/artifacting visuals, sound loops, disconnections, etc) all night, and believe me I could not stop playing.

Thank you guys.  For once in my life I can say without a doubt that an American based ISP actually went above and beyond to help out their customers.

Participant

I'd like to piggy back. CirrusStrafe. Thanks to all the people involved who had a hand in helping solve this issue. Particular thanks to Phil. Thanks for for providing great consumer interaction. Well... and the angry vent emails you recieved from me. There are several major company's that could learn from a community manager like you.
Spectator

The latest update for the game seems to have greatly diminished the issues that I had been experiencing. I wanted to show my gratitude for all the help you've provided and keeping in contact with us Phil; it made a world of difference knowing that a solution was actively being worked on. I'd also like to thank everyone on the Time Warner Cable team that was involved with working on this issue. It looks like all your work has paid off because the game is now playing a considerable amount better than it has since its release.

Newcomer

I'm still having the sames issues just not as bad now, on the other hand my buddy who had zero issues before is now in the same boat as me