Newcomer

Re: Halo 5 Issues

Halo 5, would you please provide the following information:

What region are you located in?
OHIO
How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?)
EVERY GAME
Does this happen multiple times per game?
MULTIPLE TIMES A GAME
Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.)
WARPING, WALKING INTO WALLS. BULLET LAG. GETTING BOOTED COMPLETELY FROM THE GAME.
Make / Model of your router
MODEM = SB6142
ROUTER = RT-N66U
Firmware version of your router
UP TO DATE WITH LATEST VERSION
Xbox DVR video proof is also extremely helpful
N/A!!
Any additional information you can provide about your network / internet connection would also be greatly appreciated.

I have my modem connected to my router by Ethernet. I have my Xbox connected to the router by Ethernet. I have opened the ports, I have tried DMZ, I have gone through all of Xbox support tips, all of TWC tips, I reset the router multiple times, I've tried other DNS and all of this has been a complete fail.

What region are you located in?
NYC, Manhattan

How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?)
Every other game

Does this happen multiple times per game?
Once per game, as the occurance ends the game for me.

Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.)
Without warning or an error message, I am either booted to the main menu or a sub menu where I can see my fireteam. From this menu, I am unable to access any functionality and must Quit the game from the dashboard. I do not have lag issues in-game, but am suddenly disconnected from Warzone games only. Arena works without issue.

Arris E44BPP69M505814

Latest

Any additional information you can provide about your network / internet connection would also be greatly appreciated.

My ports are forwarded to a static IP that is given to my Xbox and I have an Open NAT. I do not have any other connection issues or lag issues of any kind with any other devices or games.

Valued Participant

• What region are you located in?

Whitesboro, NY

• How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?)

Almost every game. 4 out of 5. During peak hours it is every match.

• Does this happen multiple times per game?

Sometimes the game does not re-establish, if it does there is a good chance it will lag again.

• Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.)

Same as others, characters running into walls, no gameplay data, frozen clock, cannot reload.

• Make / Model of your router

Zoom 5345 - DOCSIS 3 / ASUS RT-AC66R (Same as "U" model)

• Firmware version of your router

3.0.0.4.378_9313

Note: When I say lag it is more of slang or a catchall phrase. The best way to describe this is a loss of traffic, glitch, or temporary disconnect. The atypical lag is not really the best way to describe the issues.

Edit: Almost forgot, here is the DVR proof.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Bullet%20Lee/video/13185991 

Participant

Re: Halo 5 Issues - Please Provide Update on any Progress in Resolving this Issue!!!!!!

I have had Halo 5 since Christmas day and have yet been able to play a game without terrible lag, connectivity issues and plain failure to connect to their servers. In fact, I was not able to try multiplayer until January 3, 2016, over two weeks after receiving the console and game. I pay TWC for 30 down and 5 up. I port forwarded and configured QoS settings so my Xbox 1 received the highest priority. Though the lag diminished a little, the issue remains and it is infuriating. Here my information, I do hope this will be addressed.

How often are you experiencing this?

So often that I cannot enter multiplayer games.

Does this happen multiple times per game? Yes

Description of your experience

Extreme LAG, standing in one spot, then, suddenly finding myself across the map, dead. Warping from place to place.

ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone Data Gateway
HW_REV: 1

MODEL: DG860A

Firmware Name:

TS070563C_032913_MODEL_860_GW_TW

Firmware Build Time:

Fri Mar 29 12:56:39 EDT 2013

eSAFE 0 FW Revision:

2.0.40_0920E

Everyone's Tags (2)
Participant

Re: Halo 5 Issues - Please Provide Update on any Progress in Resolving this Issue!!!!!!

I am in San Diego North County area
Community Manager

Good afternoon--

Thanks to all who have replied so far.  Our folks are testing some theories around what might be causing this, and we're looking to get some TWC customer MAC ID's to look at.

If you're having problems with Halo 5 would you please send me the MAC ID of your modem via private message or email (phil.blum@twcable.com).  

Thanks again for your patience as we work through this issue. 

Spectrum-PhilB
Community Manager
Highlighted
Participant

I just wanted to relay this from the waypoint forums. 

jlongx83 wrote:
Holy crap an update from TWC!http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Connectivity/Halo-5-Issues/td-p/90964/page/2They are collecting TWC modem MAC IDs to aggressively monitor. Light the signal fires! Alert the internet! Call Gondor for aid! -Yoink- is getting done!Edit - Do it via a private message and not an email. Apparently good ol PhilB's email is spitting back automated "Out Of Office" responses.Edit 2 - Nvm he is responding to email anyway.
For those that don't know, the MAC address will typically be located bottom of you modem, occasionally on the rear. Should look something like this: 30:3f:67:8e:68:4bThis is the direct link to private message Phil, TWC Community Manager once logged into the twc forums.http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/3This is Phil's email address for those without an account.phil.blum@twcable.comThanks so much for posting this @CirrusStrafe.
Heh, thank Thorn Harvestar . He has been my best friend for ages and really badly wants my axe back by his side. He has been monitoring most of these threads more vigilantly than even I have and noticed the update before me XDSidenote: Nobody even think about being a -Yoink- to Phil B on the TWC forum now that he dropped his work email in. Do not bite the hand that feeds you. Do not email him hatemail or garbage just because you have the work email of someone who works at TWC and are (edited) off. Of all my time dealing with crap service in every ISP in America, this is probably the most dramatic and unexpectedly benevolent thing I have ever seen.Make a positive example of Phil. A very, very, positive example.
I couldn't agree more...period. Do not rage at, hate on , or blast Phil. He opened up pandoras box for himself giving that info out.He is not in charge of TWCs traffic shaping or network engineering.His job is to help people with issues and that's exactly what he's doing.

Newcomer

• What region are you located in?

Milwaukee, WI

• How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?)

Basically every single game. I'm lucky if 1/10 games is problem-free.

• Does this happen multiple times per game?

Yes. Sometimes I get booted during the game, and that is obviously the end of that. Other times, it will lag/stop working for a while, then get better, then lag again a minute later.

• Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.)

I see other players either running into walls or standing in place. I am unable to interact with the world. If I throw a grenade, nothing comes out of my hand. I shoot and melee people but nothing happens. I do not see the game occurring as my friends in the same lobby do. It will then glitch and I find out that I have died, and am now at a new spot on the map. Sometimes when the game ends, it doesn't take me back to the lobby and I am able to run around shooting people that are seemingly stuck in place long after the game is over. I also occasionally get kicked out before the game even starts, sometimes resulting in a ban from 343 industries for bad connection.

• Make / Model of your router

TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router. Model: Archer C7.

• Firmware version of your router

3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n

Note: I have tried both wireless and wired connections. I have restarted my router and Xbox countless times. I have a static IP for my xbox with port forwarding so that my NAT is open. I have not had this issue with any other xbox live game for the 2 years I have had the console.

Video evidence from personal clips:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/McDivot/video/14089991

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/McDivot/video/14089996

Please help!!!!

Rookie

Thank you guys for responding to my tweet, I hope these issues are solved soon! Thanks in advance for your help!

• What region are you located in? San Diego/North County (basically I live in Del Mar)
  • How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?) Every Game is laggy, very few times I've gotten a lag-free game. 
  • Does this happen multiple times per game? Yes sometimes it's in an out. Usually after I power cycle everything, i'll start off great and then lag starts after a few minutes into a game.
  • Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.) All of these: Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc
  • Make / Model of your router: Tried 3 different routers, an apple airport extreem, Dlink 825 and currently using a brand new Nighthawk. When i connected straight to the modem I noticed no lag for 5 games, and i was convinced it was my Airport extreem or my Dlink but then after setting everything up on the Netgear Nighthawk I experience the same exact issues.
  • Firmware version of your router: Router Model R7000 Firmware Version V1.0.6.28

I have never had these issues since the launch of the game, but I noticed these issues after the last time the Halo servers went down. 

Rookie

• What region are you located in? Whitesboro, NY
  • How often are you experiencing this? (Every game, every other game?) Every Game is laggy, very few times I've gotten a lag-free game. 
  • Does this happen multiple times per game? multiple times until I drop
  • Description of your experience (Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc.) All of these: Warping, delayed bullet registration, walking into walls etc
  • Make / Model of your router: Ubee DDW365.
  • Firmware version of your router:
    Hardware Version3.13.1
    Software Version8.14.3105