Participant

Re: Halo 5 Issues

No Chang in service, no change in equipment.
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Jlongx83  can you possibly get us a trace to the Halo server you are on?  

Also, we need to know if there is a specific time of day this happening

Spectrum-PhilB
Community Manager
Participant

Phil. Halo doesn't specifically play on any particular IP or server. It runs on the MS cloud based Azure servers.

Even if I get matched in on the IL servers 5 times in a row, I'd still have 5 different IPs the for each game.

http://www.azurespeed.com/Azure/Latency

Giant ping spikes even from a cat6 hardwire from zip code 53103. 50/5 subscription.

It's mostly from the hours of 1600-0130.

The TWC network engineers should know where these servers are located.

I'm running packet captures now. Different ip everytime....as mentioned before. Illinois, Iowa, Texas, Ohio, the Carolinas, and just a few in California so far.

Will provide more info shortly.

Rookie

Thanks for continuing this thread Jlong!  I've been disconnected from nearly every match ever since Halo 5 was released, and it has not improved with 343's recent patches.

• What region are you located in?

Jacksonville, NC

I am using an older Belkin router behind an Arris sbg6580 modem.  This may be irrelevant, but I noticed my modem is pulling an ipv6 address from the TWC CMTS, is it possible this could be contributing to the problem?

Participant

Well, I sent Phil my tracerts,/Wireshark captures.

I haven't heard back from him and I'm not surprised. Rage letter was compiled and sent.

I've been dealing with this issue since game launch... The unlocking or regional matchmaking has made this worse.

343i, MS, TWC refuse to point he finger or accept responsibility.

"Allegedly," there was "a rare networking issue," per 343i that was patched.

I'm at loss for words. In TWCs defense, I've seen nothing in my packet captures or tracerts that indicates the problem is with them. The MS Azure servers combined with 343i's netcode...another story .... "packet resent."

If you or anyone would like the link to the captures, please private message me.

Community Manager

Jlongx83 wrote:
Well, I sent Phil my tracerts,/Wireshark captures.

I haven't heard back from him and I'm not surprised. Rage letter was compiled and sent.

Well, I would hardly call it a "rage" letter.  You're frustrated and understandably so.  I assure you, all of the data you've sent has been passed along appropriately and is being looked at.  From our end, it looks like you've got a solid internet connection with a low error rate and no shared capacity issues on your upstream.  I'll reply to your email as well, however I wanted to publicly address just so everyone knows we haven't forgotten you or this clearly very frustrating issue.

Many thanks. 

Spectrum-PhilB
Community Manager
Participant

Thanks Phil, for everything.

It's just terrible that I can install overwatch on both the Xbox one and the pc... They both are playing flawlessly.

I did more packet captures tonight. Overwatch pc, flawless, overwatch Xbox, flawless. Halo 5...

Phil when does a company point the finger.

For everyone on the this thread, I give you a titanfall interview you won't regret.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/10/titanfall-cloud-explained/

Rookie

Currently I lag so bad that Halo 5 is unplayable... 343 still says it is on Time Warners side with issues regarding servers. 

I have Netgear nighthawk 7000 router brand new let me know how to counter this lag.

Rookie

I lag so much!! It's horrible. Why do I spend so much to a company that is ignoring our issues!!