Not applicable

Gigabit is available in San Diego! Please share your experiences and Speed Test, Equipment etc.

I just had it done today in Mira Mesa, San Diego 92126! It took longer than expected since all the manager, supervisor, maintenance and tech crew all came down! It made me few special and very pleased in a luxury way! It took 4 hrs even the bosses worked overtime in order to get it done due to one of the Technicolor Modem got defected plus certain limitation on the gigabit network cards on old laptops! I got it prepared for since Jan 18 with the ARRIS SB8200 which I was able to provisioned by Spectrum and it worked flawessly on my old Ultra 400/20 ( I always get 460~481/23 Mbps actual speed test).
I did not get the chance to use it yet for the Gig service since I was the 1st order that they have in the zipcode and the Gig up to the note about couple blocks from my house so adjustments and testings will keep going till all the zip got customers to use with enough data to maintenance the consistentcy as well as trouble shootings and OFC when I can be able to use my Arris SB8200 again( a bit disapointed but it was okaySmiley Happy i can wait 7 years why not!
Here are my best speed test on my Mac Pro 2013 with Speed Test App for Mac . The setting diagram for my network is: Outside Coaxial>Technicolor Modem WAN 1>Netgear Orbi router RBR50 WAN>Orbi RBR50 LAN 1> TpLink UnManage 5 ports Gig switch Port 1> Same switch Port 2 > Cat7 to Orbi Satteline RBS50 wired backhaul!
Test run from Port 3 same switch to my MacPro Ethernet (i got Sonos Amp and Luma surveillance DVR on the last 2 ports of the same switch running as well).
Result wasnt bad with the highest Down/up =866Mbps/43Mbps
3 times average=770/43 MBps
I am looking forward to see the improvement overtime since the game just begin and result was already close to the target speed!
Please share and post all related issues and data so that we all can get the most out of this Gig capabilities in a very long future. Thanks all!
5 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Gigabit is available in San Diego! Please share your experiences and Speed Test, Equipment etc.

@MiraMesa Let me ask you for clarification, as I'm curious since my market hasn't gotten it yet, and  that was kind of a run-on wall-of-text which was hard for me to follow...

The Arris SB8200 is confirmed as a working for you? Can reliably say it works?

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Helper

Re: Gigabit is available in San Diego! Please share your experiences and Speed Test, Equipment etc.

@agentx5 It's a tough read for sure...but they are using the Technicolor modem, not the SB8200.

Valued Participant

Dang the original post was hard to understand the body of the post. We just got Gig service here in Wichita Falls, TX but I’m holding out to give Spectrum time to tune in their service well rather than be the guinea pig. I’m excited to see the plan coming around.
Not applicable

My SB8200 was provisioned and running fine with the Ultra. I just cant use for now due to one reason that was being the 1st one to have the Gig service installed. They had to use the Technicolor as required for testing and collecting reliable speed and data for a while to have enough errors found n corrections made for new gig customers later on. Basically, I am a
Lab rat till they can get more lab rats to test, then I can switch back my SB8200. Soon enough I believed so, either they dont provision ur modem or they do. Once it has been provisioned, you can opt out or opt in again that same equipment on your account( I had no problem doing so in the last 7 ~8 years with all of diff internet tiers that coming out market since TWC). Hope this would do you some helps. Thanks and happy MemDay!
Not applicable

Sorry! I never posted anything in the forum. It was my 1st and also the mobile app is very annoying for me to type cuz I only read topics. Anyway, I prep all possible equipment, connection, in-ground line n loops to eliminate all leakages be4 having the gig settle in. ( I learned it hard with my ultra service). Hopefully you like the Gig cuz I liked it too (962/44 Mbps was my highest cuz my Mac pro was the 2013 model, and connection was made from the switch(modem>orbiRBR50>switch>MacPro, all Cat7 patch). My iphone X was able to hit 650Mbps also. Hopefully these data will help you to keep improving ur Gig service in ur area. Let me know if u got ur test data as well. Thnx and happy Memday