Browser

Fourth Modem with in One Year

Spectrum on  01/25  replaced a fourth faulty modem in less than a year. Yeah, frustrating. In each visit, the tech checks the home run from the "pole" (hop?) into the structure. Always fine.

16 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Fourth Modem with in One Year

post the signal level and error log pages . Sounds like you're throwing modems at a coaxial issue

Browser

How do I access the signal level and error log pages ?

Expert

probably at 192.168.100.1 if with routing, 192.168.0.1 without

Browser

Signal Levels

Re. error logs, is it secure to post MAC addresses?

Established Sharer

Yes, MAC addresses are safe to post.  They can only be used to connect to an adjacent device on the network.  Upstream is always the node, downstream is either your (separate) router or computer. 

Your signal levels and packet error counts both are excellent.  I wish my connection was that good!

Trusted Helper

karlbeckman wrote:

Yes, MAC addresses are safe to post.  They can only be used to connect to an adjacent device on the network.  Upstream is always the node, downstream is either your (separate) router or computer. 

Your signal levels and packet error counts both are excellent.  I wish my connection was that good!

Hello,

Also wait for six hours before posting signal levels, or wait six hours before your appointment and avoid resetting any cable/Internet/phone boxes or modems/routers during that time.  This resets the signal error levels, and you don't want to do that because the tech needs to see them.

Satch

Browser

Thank you. Here is the event log.

Browser

So...pending analysis of the event log, would you say there is any issue with the home run, or other?

Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

your link is broken for the error log

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.