Expert

Re: Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router

Post was from August 2016.... good luck on a RMA... TWC might have upgraded the firmware since then, OP is long gone....

Newcomer

Re: Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router ISP: TWC My TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Rou

I need this as well so I can forward ports for testing a local web server on my mobile device.

Established Sharer

Re: Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router ISP: TWC My TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Rou

wackoburns wrote:

I need this as well so I can forward ports for testing a local web server on my mobile device.

A "LOCAL web server" means that the data serving device resides on your private Local Area Network, which then accesses the external internet "web" through your TWC home internet service connection.  TWC's moderators have indicated previously in posts on this forum that TWC does not support server port forwarding in modem-routers on their network, nor do they permit 3rd party access to servers on their residential service connections.  Those capabilities may be available if you are a business subscriber.

IF you had a router device separate from your modem, you might be able to program the port translations that you need.  And your mobile device should already be able to connect to the LAN-connected server using your local WiFi or a wired connection, without utilizing the TWC internet access connection.

As I suggested earlier, you should prepare a detailed "business" case that explains  how and why NOT having port forwarding denies use of certain internet services for which you are being billed by TWC.  Or your work-around might simply involve the purchase of separate Customer Owned And Maintained modem and router devices that provide the features you desire, without violating terms of TWC's Internet User Agreement.

Expert

You people buy this all in one combo trash against our recomendations and just complain more... Shhhheeesh!

They are junk. You are stuck with whatever the cable co decides in the router or beter yet, resets it to something that undid the changes you made to get it to work.

TWC DOES NOT SUPPORT PORT FORWARDING in their combo's, don't expect it to work in yours.

It's not necessarily a firmware issue either.

More like the provisioning file