Expert

Re: Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router

Something is set wrong in it, I'll guess the DHCP settings.

set dhcp start at 192.168.1.100 and 25 id's, set the DHCP lease for a day not an hour.

If the sat network needs an IP and takes a static one, set it for 192.168.1.99 on down

Spectator

I need this update bad.. I cant do anything with port forwarding and i need to.. So its eaither return this modem or figure out how to get the firmware updated... 

Expert

People are warned, left and right, to not buy any ALL IN ONE advanced gateway modems and to but a seperate modem and router to keep the cable co out of the router. And yes there's plenty  a junk routers that have porting limitations.

Spectrum Employee

Re: Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router ISP: TWC My TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Rou

Hello, @dliunatic.  Firmware updates indeed would be automatically sent out through our system.  However, the firmware version - v1.0.3_20150413 of that particular modem is currently the latest approved for use on our network.  Once any newer firmware is tested and approved for use on our system, it would be sent out automatically to your equipment.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Newcomer

Re: Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router ISP: TWC My TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Rou

Do you know when the update would be pushed out? It's been available for over a year with other ISPs...
Rookie

Any update?

Newcomer

PLEASE UPDATE THIS!

Rookie

Call TP-Link and get drop shipped a Router with 1.0.5.

Established Sharer

patrick337 wrote:

PLEASE UPDATE THIS!

You should explain SPECIFICALLY what you need to do in the area of port forwarding that the currently approved firmware version does not allow you to do.  Presenting that detail might help to advance your request with TWC, particularly if not having it approved blocks a specific service that you are currently paying TWC for but you cannot receive. 

However, if it's just a matter of your personal leisuretime enjoyment, don't expect TWC or Spectrum to drop their entire technical work schedule just to perform compatibility testing on a new software package for a single model of modem from one manufacturer.  That goes double when they don't buy that modem in high volumes for rental to their subscriber base. 

Established Sharer

*** Also posted in another thread with identical topic ***

patrick337 wrote:

PLEASE UPDATE THIS!

You should explain SPECIFICALLY what you need to do in the area of port forwarding that the currently approved firmware version does not allow you to do.  Presenting that detail might help to advance your request with TWC, particularly if not having it approved blocks a specific service that you are currently paying TWC for but you cannot receive. 

However, if it's just a matter of your personal leisuretime enjoyment, don't expect TWC or Spectrum to drop their entire technical work schedule just to perform compatibility testing on a new software package for a single model of modem from one manufacturer.  That goes double when they don't buy that modem in high volumes for rental to their subscriber base.