Newcomer

Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router ISP: TWC My TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Router

Hi Just checking to see when we'll get the latest firmware update for the TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Router

My TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Router Hardware: v1.1
Current Firmware is: v1.0.3 Build 20150413 Rel 12122

Newest CR700 Firmware is: v1.0.5 Build 20150925 Rel 338940

The reason I ask is because the v1.0.3 firmware has a bug where you can't do any NAT or Port Forwarding as it freezes up your router as soon as you click on that tab in the UI and you're forced to do a manual restart.

I believe the other firmware has been out for a year already.  I've called TW Customer Support and they said they don't know how to update it and that I should contact the manufacturer.  TP-Link support says that firmware updates are only something the ISP / TWC could do.

Any updates would be greatly appreciated!!

23 REPLIES
Browser

Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router

ISP: TWC
My TP-Link Archer CR700 Modem/Router Hardware: v1.1
Current Firmware is: v1.0.3 Build 20150413 Rel 12122

Newest CR700 Firmware is: v1.0.5 Build 20150925 Rel 338940

I am having a problem getting Time Warner Cable to update my Firmware (from v1.0.3 to v1.0.5).
Although the TWC web site says that TWC will provide updates, now TWC Tech Support tells me to talk to TP-Link. Called TWC 3 times.

Anyone have success getting TWC to update the CR700 Modem/Router Firmware, or the Firmware of any other user supplied modem?

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Firmware Update for TP-Link Archer C700 Modem/Router

why do you think you need it?

Community Manager

bluechip, 

As you are aware, the last firmware version that has been tested and approved for the TP-Link CR700 is v1.0.3. While modem manufacturers may release newer firmware versions, each release needs to be tested and approved before it is updated and available to customers. When a firmware version is released, it will be updated on our listing of Approved Modems and pushed through automatically to the modems. Because this involves our engineers testing across the TWC footprint, there is not a way to expedite the process. I would encourage you to keep checking back to the approved modem listing and thanks for your patience.  

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Browser

The CR700 itself works great on TWC. It boots up fast and is very stable.

My TWC subscription is 200/20 and I'm getting above that on both download and upload.

Full review

Expert

This is why you need to buy a seperate modem and router and not the all in one combo's / some times called "advanced gateways" . This also keeps the cable co out of the router and from greying out options or changing them whenever they reset the modem.

The modem should be one that the cable company also supplies. That way there's no excuse for a modem with old firmware. Or better yet loading in newer firmware that is not specific to the cable provider.

Rookie

v1.0.3 Build 20150413 Rel 12122 has a bug in Port Forward/NAT Page.

The device freezes when trying to access the page.

v1.0.5 Build 20150925 Rel 338940 has been out to fix the problem

Expert

reason not to buy any all in one devices, you can't isolate router issues from the modem and are at the mercy of the cable co who has no business in your router.

Return it to the MFG...

Rookie

The Modem/Router/Wifi is on the list of compatible and approve modems.

I myself bought the product because it was listed as compatible and approved.

It's been a while since the new firmware was released and TWC hasn't done about it.

The manufacturer is now selling the product with the newer firmware and TWC still activate it.

Why wouldn't TWC push out the update?

Not applicable

Has there been any resolution to this?  I am unable to do anything with my Dish Network Hopper with Slingbox due to the TPLink Archer C700 that was on the recommended list.  I can get a connection for a short period, then it fails.  I can connect computers, tablets, ipads and phones, but not the Dish Network Hopper.  In searching the web, it sounds like there is a problem with getting TWC and Dish Network to work together, but the commonality is the TPLink.  My TPLink is on the "old" firmware.