Sharer

Re: Experiencing Lag Spikes Every day starting around 5pm and ending from 10pm to midnight. Help!

Sticky posts: http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Connectivity/Data-to-post-to-get-help-from-community/td-p/50743...

IF changing the port on your router made any difference, then your router has port-based QoS enabled.  You should look into your routers settings.

Of course, if the issue is your router, then the peak usage affect would only be peak usage of the other users attached to your router.

Otherwise, you need to show changes in network latency to your game server(s) per above sticky, a tool called PingTool, and any in-game latency metrics.

Not applicable

Re: Experiencing Lag Spikes Every day starting around 5pm and ending from 10pm to midnight. Help!

If I can be honest that seems like a whole lot to do for nothing, cant we just face these problems as they come up if they come up?

Here's the basic outline, I live in an apartment complex, alone. 2 devices, My android and my PC are connected to the internet. It was the self install package for 100mb Down in austin texas. Every night at around 5pm during the weekdays and earlier during the weekends I start having ping spikes and packet dropping in every online game/function. It lasts until 10-12pm at night and then returns to my normal 39 ping. These are all facts and I stand by them. Any questions you need answered to help me fix this I will gladly do, but filling out an essay is definitly not something I want to do if it can at any way be avoided.

Sharer

lordhelixmlg wrote:

If I can be honest that seems like a whole lot to do for nothing, cant we just face these problems as they come up if they come up?

Here's the basic outline, I live in an apartment complex, alone. 2 devices, My android and my PC are connected to the internet. It was the self install package for 100mb Down in austin texas. Every night at around 5pm during the weekdays and earlier during the weekends I start having ping spikes and packet dropping in every online game/function. It lasts until 10-12pm at night and then returns to my normal 39 ping. These are all facts and I stand by them. Any questions you need answered to help me fix this I will gladly do, but filling out an essay is definitly not something I want to do if it can at any way be avoided.

This is how we 'face these problems as they come up'.  If you expect someone to answer the phone (or your post) and hand you a solution immediately, you (no offence) need to wake up and participate in the real world, as that is not how it works.  it would be nice, but it, like the typical MMO, is fantasy.

I believe you but there is nothing I can do about it personally.  I'm just trying to help you make your case when you do call TWC, who will blame your modem, send a guy out to replace some F-connectors, feed you some (edited) about "adjusting signals", and never even look at your latency problem because it is unlikely that anyone in your endeavours will even know what "ping" and "latency" actually mean and they have calls-per-minute quotas to meet.  Their objective is to "process calls" as quickly as possible, not "resolve customer issues" as quickly as possible. 

In other words, "pics or it didn't happen".

Highlighted
Expert

The signal level issue on the 2 channels needs to be repaired before any further troubleshooting is attempted...

This may be a damaged cable/ too many splitter/ bad connector issue. or out on the street somewhere