Not applicable

Do I need to cancel other provider?

Hello,

I just set an appointment for Sunday to switch to Spectrum TV and Internet. I currently have Direct TV and AT&T as my providers. My question is do I need to have the direct tv and at&t internet cancelled before the spectrum tech comes in to install? I dont want to cancel without the other being in place. Just wondering if anyone knows if that will cause an issue with the install if those services arent cancelled till after the spectrum install is done.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Do I need to cancel other provider?

rlrl4747 wrote:

Hello,

I just set an appointment for Sunday to switch to Spectrum TV and Internet. I currently have Direct TV and AT&T as my providers. My question is do I need to have the direct tv and at&t internet cancelled before the spectrum tech comes in to install? I dont want to cancel without the other being in place. Just wondering if anyone knows if that will cause an issue with the install if those services arent cancelled till after the spectrum install is done.

Thanks

Hi,

You shouldn't have to cancel Direct TV first.  In fact don't unless the installer finds an issue.  I would make sure that you are happy with Spectrum first.  Give it like ten days.  Than, you can contact Direct TV and close out your account.

Satch

Highlighted
Expert

Have spectrum run new, seperate cables if possible...

Established Sharer

What MsRaye said, only stronger -- INSIST that they run new cables, since you have your existing service and you want that service intact while you evaluate Spectrum's service.