Not applicable

Disconnecting modem while on vacation

I'm going on vacation and wonder the best way to shut down service (temporarily)  to my wireless modem during my absence.

Would it be best to simply disconnect the coaxial cable to the box or to unplug its power plug?

My fear is that upplugging the power will cause it to lose its setting,  thus I'm thinking it would probably be best to simply disconnect the coaxial plug.

Your input will be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY
Proven Sharer

Re: Disconnecting modem while on vacation

BigT wrote:

I'm going on vacation and wonder the best way to shut down service (temporarily)  to my wireless modem during my absence.

Would it be best to simply disconnect the coaxial cable to the box or to unplug its power plug?

My fear is that upplugging the power will cause it to lose its setting,  thus I'm thinking it would probably be best to simply disconnect the coaxial plug.

Your input will be greatly appreciated

I leave my modem and router connected at all times at my second home (WiFi thermostats).  If you own your router, and it is stand-alone, you can unplug the router to protect any electronics in your home while you are away...

In the end, you don't want your modem to miss a firmware push from Spectrum while you are away.

How long do you plan on being away?  If it's less than a month, I wouldn't worry about doing anything.