Observer
Ben524
Accepted Solution

Digital Phone and Cable Modem

I want to buy a digital phone and cable modem that are an all in one unit.  Is there any brand that offers this type of service?  I do not want a separate phone modem and cable modem.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Observer
scibot

Re: Digital Phone and Cable Modem

TWC won't let you use your own eMTA, but you could get your own cable modem(SB6141,SBG6580) for internet and use one of TWC's emta's for phone only and they won't charge you for it.

Please use plain text.
Observer
Ben524

It is funny when you call Time Warner they say yes you can buy one modem that can handle both.  You would think they would be more knowledeable.

Please use plain text.
ant
Valued Contributor
ant

scibot wrote:

TWC won't let you use your own eMTA, but you could get your own cable modem(SB6141,SBG6580) for internet and use one of TWC's emta's for phone only and they won't charge you for it.

Why not own EMTA? Having your own cable modem and another hardware for both is a waste of space and power, makes heat. Do other cable ISPs do this too?

Please use plain text.
Observer
her

Arris TG862G, Ubee, and Actiontec both also make these combo digital phone modem/router. Mine is owned by TWC which I find best so they can resolve the issues that I have had too often. I believe they add their own firmware which renders the manufacturer's user manuals and self help pages useless, or at least where my modem/router is concerned. Arris seems to be best fit for my settings. Sorry I don't recall the model numbers on those others mentioned.

Please use plain text.
Observer
Ben524

Time Warner finds a way of not making it convenient.  You need to have 2 modems if you go out and buy a separate cable modem.  You still need to use their Telephony modem

Please use plain text.
ant
Valued Contributor
ant

Ben524 wrote:

Time Warner finds a way of not making it convenient.  You need to have 2 modems if you go out and buy a separate cable modem.  You still need to use their Telephony modem

No kidding. Why can't we buy their modems? Ugh.

Please use plain text.
Newcomer
daws4040

Ben524 wrote:

I want to buy a digital phone and cable modem that are an all in one unit.  Is there any brand that offers this type of service?  I do not want a separate phone modem and cable modem.

Thank you.

I have the Arris Motorola Model: SBG6580 D3.0 AWG MODEM GATEWAY that handles both my twc internet service as well as my att home phone service. After I got TWC internet I had to have ATT come out to reconnect my phone line. The techs used a ether cable to hook up to my modem/wifi. Everything works fine now.

Please use plain text.
Wordsmith
MsRaye

All in ones are junk... don't waste your money, use a seperate router...

And a seperate modem for phone, that way TWC has to fix or replace it. and not blame it on COAM eqt...:robotsad:

Please use plain text.