Highlighted
Browser

Data errors after system maintenance

The other night after midnight they did some maintenance in my area because they shut my cable down during the overnight. When it came back my signal levels were higher, modem went from +1 to +3 which is fine, but now on my modem I'm getting corrected and uncorrected errors when I never had any errors ever before, they were always 0.  Also my TiVO tuners are showing errors now when in the past they never had any errors. Error count climbs slowly each hour on both modem and TiVO.

Anyone on here from TWC/Charter that can report this to the right department?

Thx

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Data errors after system maintenance

Copy and paste the modem signal level and error log pages and your zip code

Sharer

Re: Data errors after system maintenance

[ Edited ]

elliotroth wrote:

The other night after midnight they did some maintenance in my area because they shut my cable down during the overnight. When it came back my signal levels were higher, modem went from +1 to +3 which is fine, but now on my modem I'm getting corrected and uncorrected errors when I never had any errors ever before, they were always 0.  Also my TiVO tuners are showing errors now when in the past they never had any errors. Error count climbs slowly each hour on both modem and TiVO.

Anyone on here from TWC/Charter that can report this to the right department?

Thx

This is a a peer-to-peer user forum that is not continuously monitored by TWC personnel.  You are absolutely sure that TWC was doing overnight line maintenance and they turned off your cable service?  Since you didn't share your location, I would instead suspect high winds broke something loose on their overhead cable plant, causing a ton of uncorrectible frame errors visible in your signal logs.  But send the signal and event logs anyway so we can look at some other possibilities.