Browser

Re: Daily Internet Drops Still Occuring

I posted my zip code a few posts up but its 29710.

Thank you for the explanations. My 8th channel actually changed from 26 to 27 two nights ago and I haven't lost signal yet. I can repost my signal page when I'm home.

I have checked behind my wall mount and followed the cable so all looks good physically.  Would now be a good time to get TWC to look at the pole? 

Also, as an extreme measure, could I just purchase a 32 channel modem? Are they better modems overall? Or will it not help in this case since you stated this is probably an issue on TWCs end? Again, thank you for the assistance. It has been great help.

Expert

Here's the locals from antennaweb's data base, you've got a 36 & 39 as well as a 27&28.

So there's corroded  or loose connectors or chewed up line eithyer from the rodents or branch abrasion allowing broadcast TV ingress! A newer modem will indicate the aflicted channels better but not fix the ingress.

WJZY-DT 46.1 FOX
RF Channel: 47
19 miles at 20°
Yellow 
WMYT-DT 55.1 MNT
RF Channel: 39
19 miles at 20°
Yellow 
WSOC-LD 9.1 ABC
RF Channel: 30
10 miles at 352°
Yellow 
WNSC-DT 30.1 PBS
RF Channel: 15
21 miles at 153°
Yellow 
WCCB-DT 18.1 CW
RF Channel: 27
30 miles at 74°
Yellow 
WBTV-DT 3.1 CBS
RF Channel: 23
19 miles at 15°
Yellow 
WCNC-DT 36.1 NBC
RF Channel: 22
18 miles at 18°
Yellow 
WGTB-CD 28.1 IND
RF Channel: 28
19 miles at 20°
LtGreen 
WSOC-DT 9.1 ABC
RF Channel: 34
31 miles at 75°
Red 
WAXN-DT 64.1 IND
RF Channel: 50
31 miles at 75°
Red 
WTVI-DT 42.1 PBS
RF Channel: 11
33 miles at 73°
Blue 
WYFF-DT 4.1 NBC
RF Channel: 36
78 miles at 279°
Violet 
WSPA-DT 7.1 CBS
RF Channel: 7
60 miles at 283°
Violet 
WRET-DT 49.1 PBS
RF Channel: 43
36 miles at 254°
Violet 
WUNG-DT 58.1 PBS
RF Channel: 44
39 miles at 70°
Violet 
WHEH-LD 41.1 IND
RF Channel: 41
21 miles at 78°
Violet 
WVEB-LD 40.1 IND
RF Channel: 14
21 miles at 78°
Violet 

Map data ©2017 Google

Map
Satellite
Clover, SC 29710, USA
Expert

SC eh? Major issues with squirells chewing up outside lines that run thru trees, if that's your drop run , it's probably bad and TWC/Spectrum neds to replace it, you need to trim out tree branches or go with an underground line

Browser

You referring to the main TWC line to my house? Because that is an underground line. Brand new one. I'll get them to check it.

Also, I'll have to check and see how far the wall line runs in the house. I think that one is not snaking around the house like the others were. I'll go ahead and set up a time for them to take a look as well.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

As for buying a 32 channel modem to improve the channel dropouts, although TWC-Spectrum in your area is equipped for 32 DS channels of internet service delivery, a 300 Mbps DS connection working properly uses only 8  DS channels.  Changing your modem to a 32 channnel unit doesn't fix anything along their main trunk line cabling that is malfunctioning.  You would most likely still have the same interference problems as today with your existing SB6141. 

BASIC  CABLE SYSTEM RULE #3:  Changing your modem will not repair anything in the physical signal delivery path that is broken, leaking, misaligned, or poorly maintained.