Continuing lack of service

For more than 3 months I've tried to convey my service issue to Spectrums first line phone representatives.  I've had >4 "Techs" sent here(on my time) in the last 6 weeks.  Each time I call or communicate through the "My TWC" app they prescribe the standard reboot procedure which I've probably done twice before calling.  They then want to schedule a "Tech" appointment to get to the root of the problem.  Question; How many "Techs" do you send before you actually listen to them, or send someone to actually resolve an ongoing issue?

Each "Tech" appointment costs me time and money. 

After 5 of these appointments, and tens of hours on the phone with; Ralph, Shillen, Candice, Sharona, Sally, Blair, Matt, and Terry

The bottom line is nothing has been done!

Same script different reps.

Same result - no change!

Every "Tech" that has been to my home has expressed to me that the connections and wiring in my home are fine, the signal into my home is the problem.

I have DVR recordings on my box that are unwatchable to prove my case.  My bill is $180/month, REDICULOUS! 

Stop the lip service and fix my issues!!!

7 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Continuing lack of service

Cancel your service. If the issue is outside your home, just cancel. Why should you pay for something if you can't use it?

Maybe it gets fixed in more than 30 days and you can get favorable triple play new customer pricing.

I hear you. The problem is that where I live in NYC there are no other options other than my phone for internet and rabbit ears for TV(which i'm currently using).

Next service appt is Monday at 11am.  We'll see what happpens.  Petitioning to adjust my bill.

Trusted Helper

twclipservice wrote:

For more than 3 months I've tried to convey my service issue to Spectrums first line phone representatives.  I've had >4 "Techs" sent here(on my time) in the last 6 weeks.  Each time I call or communicate through the "My TWC" app they prescribe the standard reboot procedure which I've probably done twice before calling.  They then want to schedule a "Tech" appointment to get to the root of the problem.  Question; How many "Techs" do you send before you actually listen to them, or send someone to actually resolve an ongoing issue?

Each "Tech" appointment costs me time and money. 

After 5 of these appointments, and tens of hours on the phone with; Ralph, Shillen, Candice, Sharona, Sally, Blair, Matt, and Terry

The bottom line is nothing has been done!

Same script different reps.

Same result - no change!

Every "Tech" that has been to my home has expressed to me that the connections and wiring in my home are fine, the signal into my home is the problem.

I have DVR recordings on my box that are unwatchable to prove my case.  My bill is $180/month, REDICULOUS! 

Stop the lip service and fix my issues!!!

A couple of things,

The phone reps and chat reps are not trained for the most part to go beyond the basics. They can do the following:

1.) Reboot equipment

2.) Schedule a truck roll

3.) Answer general billing questions.

We need to get your problem escalated above the level 1 support reps.  Some questions:

1.) Is this a cable, phone, or Internet Problem? (or combination of things?

2.) If a reboot does not fix things the first time, you have to go above that.  Unfortunately, many of the phone reps do not understand this, because they are reading from a script.

3.) Rebooting any equipment resets the signal levels.  A new box, modem, or router will not solve signal level issues.  For example, a pixillated picture is often the result of a poor signal coming in through your drop-line or the junction box on your street.  The same is true with your Internet dropping or phone service unexpectedly getting disconnected.

4.) Avoid resetting your cable equipment for at least six hours when setting up a service call.  Doing so will reset the error codes that the tech needs to see for a signal and drop-line test.

5.) Describe your problem below relating to your specific equipment.  What do the techs do that have visited your home?  When did the problems start?  Provide answers to these questions, and we should be able to get this escalated to the right people once and for all.

Satch

Expert

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages... might be obvious, don't reset it, need to see real history..

Also, what's your zip code?

Lead Moderator

Good morning.

Please remember that forums are for Peer to Peer support. If you would like to engage

your peers in troubleshooting this issue we encourage you to post the information 

to the questions here:  DATA-TO-POST-TO-GET-HELP-FROM-THE-COMMUNITY Without

any information we are not able to assist you in getting to the bottom of this. 

If you would like to engage our Social Media Customer Care team directly

for further assistance please contact them here: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

They would be happy to do what we can to help get this situation resolved.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Established Sharer

twclipservice wrote:

I hear you. The problem is that where I live in NYC there are no other options other than my phone for internet and rabbit ears for TV(which i'm currently using).

No FIOS?  I am surprised.  I thought they had the five boroughs wired already...