Newcomer

Coaxial jumper

Hello there. What’s the difference between the green coaxial cable and blue one? I just did a self installation for internet. I’ve setup my technicolor modem/router and the connection fluctuates a lot, I am not using the coaxial cable that came with the self installation kit but the cable that wa already in my room (green). So does spectrum change out the wires in your house for free?
3 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Coaxial jumper

@Isaiahkapoi wrote:
Hello there. What’s the difference between the green coaxial cable and blue one? I just did a self installation for internet. I’ve setup my technicolor modem/router and the connection fluctuates a lot, I am not using the coaxial cable that came with the self installation kit but the cable that wa already in my room (green). So does spectrum change out the wires in your house for free?

Coax cable can be any color, but most commonly black or white. Does your signal fluctuate even if you use the cables that came with the kit? If you still have the same issue, there is likely a wiring issue that a tech would need to come diagnose and fix.

If you would like some help here, post some details like the modem's signal level and event log page, describe the wiring from the main line to the modem (# of splitters, length of runs, etc.), house or apartment, modem and router models, and a detail description of what "connection fluctuates a lot" means to you.

Lead Moderator

Good morning.

A list of information that would be helpful can be found here: 

DATA-TO-POST-TO-GET-HELP-FROM-THE-COMMUNITY

Had something been connected to the coax in that room before? I would recommend using

the cable that was sent with the self install. We are not able to verify the age or condition of the cable that you already had. That should help narrow down the problem. 

Do you know how old the wiring in the house is? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

It was connected to a box from tin Warner cable, a box for tv. I do not know hold old the wire is. This house was built in the 1970s.