Browser

Re: Cable Modem Reboot due to T4 timeout

Any suggestions on the best way to get action on this issue?

Expert

Did they replace the connectors and grounding block? Is the pedestal open, can you get a photo of what's inside it?

Have you verified there's nothing else in line from the grounding block to the modem?

Browser

I don't have pictures, but the second tech told me that he replaced everything in the box attached to the house, including the grounding block and all connectors.  I believe there are three connections in the box, but all connectors are new.  I'll see if I can't post a picture if I can get into the box.

The line from that runs to the modem is (to my knowledge) a direct connection, albeit a fairly long run (probably over 50 feet).

Browser

Ok, here's the picture of the inside of the box.  As you can see, everything looks shiny new!  Would this seem to imply the issue is down at the road?

You should be able to view the picture at http://tinypic.com/r/33nzxc9/9

Expert

Yeah that's all new... good luck, problem is probably one or more houses on the node with bad connectors.

Browser

So there's really nothing I can do to address this with Spectrum?  It's really frustrating having my connection drop multiple times a day.  Could it be an issue on the line from the road to the house?

How may houses would normally be on a "node"?  Should I request that Spectrum examine connections to nearby homes?

Thanks for your advice.

Expert

It could be that cable or the connector/ jumper out at the street pedestal, but I assume they replaced them when they did the box on the house.

Browser

The first tech told me he'd replaced a jumper at the street that had a nick in it.  Other than that, I don't know what they've done at the street.  On a chat with support now, and they're saying

"I'll arrange a technician along with a supervisor to address the issue and examine the lines from pole to the house and if needed from node point to ensure a fix."

Guess we'll see!