Established Sharer

Re: Bought my own modem and have a question

[ Edited ]

ccwoody wrote:
*** (trimmed) ***

Now looking back I should have just put the TWC rental  modem/router into bridge mode.  But the wireless with the TWC equipment really sucks.

You still can put the TWC rented router into bridge mode, then tell TWC to also turn off the two internal WiFi radios.  Now you can use the WiFi within your own router, which I'm sure you selected to meet your actual coverage needs.

Expert

Call TWC and tell them the tech said it's provisioned wrong. You need to get transferered to tier 2 or 3 support as thefirst people yopu talk to are not allowed to fix billing codes if they even know what a billing code is...

They probably entered something like a docsis 2 model rather than docsis 3.

Or the autodetect via mac is wrong...

Ask them what make and model you have before you tell them... Make sure you verify the MAC ID on it as well.

Browser

The only way I found a solution was to go back to the rental modem from TWC. I use my own linksys router with the rental in bridge mode and everything seems ok.    BUT I feel that it is very crappy of TWC to limit my seeds just because I used my own moden and a modem from the recommended moden list, ha what a laugh.   I did ask to talk to teir 2 or even 3 support and  asked the questions I was advised to ask, still nothing changed. They do this just to get 10 a month for renting a modem/router crapbo.  Wow that really does suck.

Highlighted
Established Sharer

ccwoody wrote:

The only way I found a solution was to go back to the rental modem from TWC. I use my own linksys router with the rental in bridge mode and everything seems ok.    BUT I feel that it is very crappy of TWC to limit my seeds just because I used my own moden and a modem from the recommended moden list, ha what a laugh.   I did ask to talk to teir 2 or even 3 support and  asked the questions I was advised to ask, still nothing changed. They do this just to get 10 a month for renting a modem/router crapbo.  Wow that really does suck.

You still have an unresolved issue. TWC will not limit your speeds just because you use your own modem. I have a 6190 that works just fine, they just have to provision it correctly.