Browser
cavalcantis

Better Upload Speeds?

When will you guys provide better upload speeds? I just moved to San Antonio and 5MB is really slow.

I had Verizon FiOS 300/65MB and the upload was faster than my download here.
If you guys don't want to provide faster speeds for download, at least provide better upload.

Also when doing speed tests I always get around 50MB down and 5MB up. I understand there are factors that can't be controlled, but again with FiOS I would always get 330MB down and 80MB up.

It's time to upgrade, Google Fiber is right around the corner.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Xeneth

Re: Better Upload Speeds?

Fios I believe is Fiber Optics which is faster.  May not be availible where you are now.  Personlly I would like that here, but 100 is the fastest I have too.

As for upload, TWC seems to have a standard 10% upload (50Mb/5Mb, 10Mb/1Mb,ect).  For home, that really is not bad, but as networks become dependent on more, I agree it should increase in the future.

I see to many with good legs who refuse to walk,
good eye's who refuses to see,
and good heads who refuses to think.
Please use plain text.
Browser
cavalcantis

That is not bad? Really?

If you have 10 computers/phones/tablets/etc it is nothing.

And the upload is really slow. I need to upload many files and 5Mb is way too slow for it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Xeneth

For the average user, it's not bad at all.  Home users classicly do not need upload for anything but sending requests and minor streams.  True it's becoming more needed when people work from home and files get transfered, but that is not the norm as of yet.

5Mb/s is per second, so at best it you can upload a full CD in 18 min 40 sec.

As I view it, the issue is not that you have 10 computers, it's that your computers are constantly communicating, even if there is no need.  I tend to be very strict on network traffic to prevent that very issue.

I see to many with good legs who refuse to walk,
good eye's who refuses to see,
and good heads who refuses to think.
Please use plain text.
Browser
cavalcantis

With the speeds increasing and richer web pages, 50Mb is slow. Just like uploading huge pictures. 18 minutes to upload a CD? That's too much, I need it to be in less than 3 minutes.
So let's look back in time and go back to use dial up? It was really fast back then.
Please use plain text.
Browser
cavalcantis

Why would you block your devices to connect all the time? How do you get notifications on your phone? Manually?
Please use plain text.
Newcomer
fximaging

You should stop complaining. I live in california, and pay $70.00 a month for "turbo internet" from time warner. We get 29mb/s down, and 1.8mb/s upload.  Can you say "sux"?

Please use plain text.
Browser
cavalcantis

Why should I stop complaining? Me and you should be complaining to see if they will do anything. If not, we have to hope for companies like Verizon to decide to come to us lol

Please use plain text.
Observer
olddog71

That's 50Mbps not MB or Mb . There is a difference .

===Megabit per second===
A '''megabit per second''' -'''Mbps, Mbit/s, or Mb/s'''- (not to be confused with MBps, or MB/s, which would be mega' 'bytes'' per second: also not to be confused with ''m''bit/s which would be ''milli''bits per second: also not to be confused with Mbitp''p''s which would be megabits per ''pico''second) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:
* 1,000,000 bits per second or
* 1,000 [[kilobit]]s per second or
* 125,000 bytes per second or
* 125 kilobytes per second.
Lot of factors involved in getting better upload and download speeds .
DFI Lanparty UT nf4 SLI-DR Venus*51*
Please use plain text.
Browser
cavalcantis

Thanks for the correction, but that doesn't make it faster, does it?

Please use plain text.