Highlighted

Arris TG862 DS downstream tab orange and us upstream tab blinking orange

Hello. Three days ago my router suddenly wasn't working. It says Wi-Fi is connected and I can connect to the Wi-Fi. But I can't surf the web. I've talked to customer service three times and apparently my router is offline? Is there anyway I can fix this because I have to wait a day for a person to come and manually fix it. I have looked at all the cords and tried resetting it multiple times. Can I do anything to fix it?
4 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Arris TG862 DS downstream tab orange and us upstream tab blinking orange

Do any direct connected devices (laptop, desktop, Xbox, etc.) not on wifi connect to the internet?

No they don't. Wired and wireless connections won't work.
Established Sharer

Your wireless is OK but the cable connection is definitely bad.  You need to have a service tech visit your home and test the signal levels on your cable feed.   Do NOT reset the modem for at least 12 hours before the tech is scheduled to arrive.  He needs to check the modem indicators and will read some signal level and error message tables stored inside the modem.  Those get erased when you power-cycle the unit, erasing all the data that helps the techs restore your connection.

Spectrum Employee

Hello wifi_out,

So, the solid orange tab on your DS connection is indicating that your modem does see and has locked the downstream signal. So the network connection is there.

The US light blinking means that there is no US communication happening. This is normally caused by a physical impairment in the house wiring at your home. This will only be fixed with a technician visit.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.