Spectator

Re: Any SB6183 Users in North Texas Seeing Slow UPLOAD Speeds?

Hey bud I just saw this thread after posting my own. I am in Arlington, TX and have very inconsistent and spikey uploads the past week as well. Nothing near what it's supposed to be unless I get really lucky during that one test. I'm using an Asus AC3100 router and Netgear CM500 modem and this is a new occurrence so I'm going to say it's on Spectrums side here. Let me know if you get any progress
Expert

Ingress issues are anywhere on the node, usually from multiple bad drops that add together. You cannot see the s/n issues but erratic upstream tx levels and t3-t4 failures point to them.

TWC has done little to nothing to clean up outside plant, If you go sniffing for Egress, those points are also allowing ingress, both up and downstream, as well as intermod to occur.

If there's any apt buildings involved it get's 10x worst.

Post the error log, let's see if they did anything.

Next thought, rent a twc modem to see if it's any better.

Browser

TWC has diagnosed and has determined that it is a utilization issue and that a node split is required for my area.    TTC is 2-4 weeks.      If it is indeed a utilization issue, I'm not quite sure why the upstream looks capped at 12 Mbps in the middle of the night and at 5:00 am.  

But....that's their story so far.    We shall see in a month or so.

Expert

post a new signal level and error log page and a tracert to google... let's see if anything changed since their visit....

N/A

I just recently started seeing crazy slow upload speeds with the 300 package as well.  Used to get upwards of 25+ without problem.  Now I am capped at ~3.0.  Does anyone know if maybe throttling occurs after a certain data limit is reached?  Been streaming a ton of HD video on twitch.

Expert

post your signal and error log pages, don't reset the modem..

BTW, my antivirus is going ballistiuc after I loaded the latest version of Firefox

Firefox is dropping All Vista and XP support later this year...

Browser

Just an update:

Not sure about the others that have posted on this topic, but it appears that TWC has made some changes and my upstream speed has returned to what I have experienced for over a year.  For the time being, at least, I am no longer capped at 12 Mbps.

Upstream speed at TWC's speedtest site came in at 23.69 Mbps.  Tests at testmy.net confirmed same results.

Not that downstream speed was ever an issue, but that is currently running at 346.4 Mbps.

Expert

All you could do is compare public IP's and before and after tracert's to see if they really did a node split. You do know they will almost never admit to any sort of issue especially if it involves giving money back for a service level issue.....

Expert

BTW, I haven't changed anything here and my speeds loading and  rendering pages is back up to normal, no antivirus  taking forever to scan new pages... So they had some sort of network issue at least affecting Northeast Ohio. Speed tests between a couple weeks ago and now are still the same.

Browser

MsRaye wrote:

All you could do is compare public IP's and before and after tracert's to see if they really did a node split. You do know they will almost never admit to any sort of issue especially if it involves giving money back for a service level issue.....

Already did that.    Forgot to mention it in my previous post.  

My node previously was at 142.254.131.9, and today's trace indicates that it still is.    So if they split it they might have moved others to a different node.     Maybe just replaced the bad node?  Who knows?  

I always suspected a CMTS config problem, but whatever they did, I am happy again.