Spectator

Re: Any SB6183 Users in North Texas Seeing Slow UPLOAD Speeds?

Hey bud I just saw this thread after posting my own. I am in Arlington, TX and have very inconsistent and spikey uploads the past week as well. Nothing near what it's supposed to be unless I get really lucky during that one test. I'm using an Asus AC3100 router and Netgear CM500 modem and this is a new occurrence so I'm going to say it's on Spectrums side here. Let me know if you get any progress
Expert

[ Edited ]

Ingress issues are anywhere on the node, usually from multiple bad drops that add together. You cannot see the s/n issues but erratic upstream tx levels and t3-t4 failures point to them.

TWC has done little to nothing to clean up outside plant, If you go sniffing for Egress, those points are also allowing ingress, both up and downstream, as well as intermod to occur.

If there's any apt buildings involved it get's 10x worst.

Post the error log, let's see if they did anything.

Next thought, rent a twc modem to see if it's any better.

Browser

TWC has diagnosed and has determined that it is a utilization issue and that a node split is required for my area.    TTC is 2-4 weeks.      If it is indeed a utilization issue, I'm not quite sure why the upstream looks capped at 12 Mbps in the middle of the night and at 5:00 am.  

But....that's their story so far.    We shall see in a month or so.

Expert

post a new signal level and error log page and a tracert to google... let's see if anything changed since their visit....

N/A

I just recently started seeing crazy slow upload speeds with the 300 package as well.  Used to get upwards of 25+ without problem.  Now I am capped at ~3.0.  Does anyone know if maybe throttling occurs after a certain data limit is reached?  Been streaming a ton of HD video on twitch.