Highlighted
Expert

Re: Another Modem FW update, what's it for?

Tech support is wrong... If you're having issues daily, it's not updates but crappy coaxial connections.

Call them back out, daily interuptions are not normal, I've gone up to 90 days without a problem!

Lead Moderator

We do not update firmware or intentionally reset your modem multiple times per day.

We would want to look into this. I would suggest you contact us directly. 
This tech support person(s) need to have coaching on this, the information 

you received is not accurate.

If you purchased your own modem we would push firmware updates when 

there is a new firmware for that model.

If you did not receive an email we would also want to check what email

address we have on your account for contact. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Established Sharer

My, that was quite a long post, but it completely failed to answer the original question:  What's being fixed with the latest firmware update?  As I noted earlier, my SB6121 was upgraded from Feb 2016 firmware to July 2016 firmware a couple of weeks ago.... so there's SOME change besides Intel Puma 6 updates, as the SB6121 is WAY too old to have an Intel Puma 6.  Somebody inside Spectrum has the firmware change log, just post it and be done with this topic.

Sharer

My SB6141 was pushed a firmware update while I slept last night.  I too now have SB_KOMODO-1.0.7.0-SCM00-NOSH, and the modem status page looks fine here.  We'll see if it improves anything.   I own my modem, TWC Spectrum in this area does not lease any 8-channel modems to residential customers, unless they still have one that hasn't been replaced yet.

I have never gotten an email from TWC telling me there would be a firmware update, they just do it.   I have never seen info released from TWC saying what a firmware update changed, so I would not expect to see any info on this one either.  just saying...

Newcomer

Expert

The update is to a year old firmware and appears the only change was the deletion of the Motorola name and change to Arris

mine updated yesterday.

Model Name: SB6141
Vendor Name: ARRIS Group, Inc.
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.7.0-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 7.0
Serial Number: 0001
Firmware Build Time: Jul 22 2016 08:13:57

Expert

Ok, it appears that Arris is not updating 6121 firmware and the latest is listed below

old 6121 fw looks like this:

Model Name: SB6121
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.16-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 5.0
Serial Number: 0001
Firmware Build Time: Feb 16 2016 11:28:04

original factory fw was  2013

Welcome to Time Warner Cable Internet!
STEP 1 : Determine which number to call and set up your Time Warner Cable Internet account FAST!

If you have a Self-Install Kit call the number found in the kit.

Otherwise, call 1-877-309-5869.

STEP 2 : Provide the MAC (Media Access Control) address to the agent. Your MAC address appears on the left. You need to provide account setup information such as your name, address, and phone number. The agent will then connect your modem to our network.

STEP 3 : Reboot your computer and cable modem to get online.

Contributor

My SB6141 in North Royalton also got "updated" with the change from Motorola to Arris.  I also gained Channel 2 and lost Channel 9 downstream after the reboot.  I now have Channel 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10.    Ch 10 is the only one with high uncorrectables.  The deleted Ch 9 was also very high in uncorrectables !!!!

Expert

If ch9 & 10 are 705 & 711 mHz, you have serious ingress from your  AT&T 4G LTE cell phone handset. Something is corroded or loose, or there's open splitter ports, and it has nothing to do with the firmware update.

Lead Moderator

Good morning all.

If you own/rent a 

Motorola SB6141

Motorola SB6121

Motorola SB6120

You should have received an email regarding the firmware upgrade which began on 5/31 on or shortly after May 25th.

The message was sent to anyone who had one of those 3 models.  If you did not receive this I would suggest speaking with support to check that we have your correct email address on file. 

The updates should be completed by the end of July beginning of August.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums