Spectator

5g not showing up as network choice. spectrum modem/router UBEE. happened after i dropped your tv

i have spectrum internet. i have UBEE router/modem. suddenly today no internet. called spectrum. online light was off. unplugged modem. plugged back in. also had to unplug my wifi extender. all of these problems started after i dropped the tv part of my package this past saturday sept 30. isnt that odd? someone is coming tomorrow to look at this. i cant select a 5g network . it used to be there. now not there. what is going on.

2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: 5g not showing up as network choice. spectrum modem/router UBEE. happened after i dropped your t

Are you saying that you can't access 5g wifi but can access the 2.4g band? Or can you not access any wifi but can access internet when wired? Or are you saying that your internet is completely out?

Expert

Re: 5g not showing up as network choice. spectrum modem/router UBEE. happened after i dropped your t

Both cannot have the same SSID, many terminal devices show only a single ssid. Add 5ghz to the 5's ssid and it should show up

Have seen this with multiple devices.