Helper

Re: 400Mbps lies

Try calling during normal business hours rather than in the evenings or at night. At some point the Philippines call center takes over, and yes, they tend to be less knowledgable and more like script readers.

Expert

They will reset the modem a few times, Maybe get the modem bumped off the 555 mHz home channel and it will work a little better but not fix the underlying signal level and ingress issues. It needs a tech out to replace connectors and escallate this to the bucket truck crews to repair what's wrong out on the street.

It's a coaxial , not a modem issue.

Browser

Even during the middle of the day my calls are routed to people who are clearly in foreign call centers, the only time this isnt the case is when I get transferred to customer solutions aka retention center

Browser

Literally the only troubleshooting I've had anyone on the phone or online do for me was a spectrum.net speed test, they didnt even reset my router when they supposedly raised my speed to 400mbps from 300 however, I called and told them some of what you guys had said and supposedly some "superivisor tech" is coming on monday to look at the issue, im sure if my speed is within 80% of the max even though thats over 100mbps less he will just say its acceptable and leave though.
Browser

Also is what they need to fix something I'm going to have to pay for? Cause i feel like theyre going to make it so regardless of the case

Helper

user65482 wrote:

Also is what they need to fix something I'm going to have to pay for? Cause i feel like theyre going to make it so regardless of the case

No...line issues are their responsibility.

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

user65482 wrote:
Literally the only troubleshooting I've had anyone on the phone or online do for me was a spectrum.net speed test, they didnt even reset my router when they supposedly raised my speed to 400mbps from 300 however, I called and told them some of what you guys had said and supposedly some "superivisor tech" is coming on monday to look at the issue, im sure if my speed is within 80% of the max even though thats over 100mbps less he will just say its acceptable and leave though.

80% of 400 Mbps is 320 Mbps.  That's only 80 Mbps less than full plan throughput, not the "even though thats over 100mbps less " that you calculated.  

I did go back to the beginnning of your thread to check the model number of both your modem and your "$300 router capable of speeds well over a gigabit."   Neither unit was identified, which makes it impossible for us to verify the actual performance ratings.  Does your current modem appear on Spectrum's published list of equipment certified for customer direct purchase and verified capable of 400 Mbps service?  If it does not, your claim that the router is capable of faster than Gigabit ethernet will make no difference in the Speedtest ratings. 

Browser

Yes my surfboard sb6183 is capable of beyond 400mbps and my Asus rt ac5300 is certainly more than capable. Their supplied modem however isn't providing any better speeds and based on what the others have said on this thread that's almost irrelevant based on the signals
Browser

Also for the record the ubee dvw32cb modemthey provided has the exact same speed ratings and specs as the Arris surfboard model I mentioned and am using.
Expert

Sorry but you are mislead by all the manufacturers claims... Those are peak speeds measured under lab conditions, the cable companies provision them for half of those numbers.