Spectator

200Mbps deployment to existing customers

Now that the base internet rate is 200Mbps, will Spectrum be deploying this rate out to the existing customers or is this just for new customers only?

16 REPLIES
RIP
Newcomer

Re: 200Mbps deployment to existing customers

I doubt it! Probably a price tag!
Helper

200 Mbps isn't base everywhere. Are you on a Spectrum plan or a legacy TWC plan? If you're on a Spectrum plan you should automatically be bumped up when it's available and you have a modem that can support it. If still on a legacy plan you will not be automatically bumped up.

Newcomer

I was automatically bumped up to 200.
Valued Participant

your February Bill will show if you were auto upgraded to 200.
Spectrum Employee

While only certain markets will receive that increase in speed, the speed boost will be automatic to accounts in those markets - including existing Spectrum customers.

Rookie

What markets are receiving the speed increase?

Spectator

i am in the Austin/Round Rock area and I was an existing TWC customer.  i have seen and heard about the new speeds, but haven't seen it yet on my network.  When should i see the increase?

Contributor

Just opened my latest bill.

No mention of a speed increase.

Just a price increase starting next month.  Man Sad

Cheers.

Observer

I live in the Lakway 78734 zip code and was an exsisting customer. The internet speed increased to 200Mbps over a month ago, I have the Arris DG1670A modem. My bill does not show the current speed but states that I can get 400Mbps if i shell out another $20.00.