Newcomer

Re: $14.99/mo, 3/1, Everyday Low Price Internet?

I am in the Capital District of NYS. I have had the TWC ELP for several years. I just called and spoke to a Spectrum CSR. She told me that Spectrum would not force me to change or automatically switch me to another plan as long as I'm happy with what I have now. I can only hope this is true and remains policy.

Valued Participant

I am in Cincinnati, Ohio area and have been told by 2 managers at Spectrum, that customers who are still on TIME WARNER CABLE still have the option of getting the $14.95 everyday low price...but by the beginning of June it will be 30Mbps download.

Expert

That's a lie. You cannot get that package  anymore if you don't already have it.

Any changes throw you to Spectrum that does'f offer anything slower than 60/6. Same as a new customer.

Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

That's a lie. You cannot get that package  anymore if you don't already have it.

Any changes throw you to Spectrum that does'f offer anything slower than 60/6. Same as a new customer.

In NY State, ELP @ $14.99 per month is still on the Spectrum retail rate card:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/account-and-billing/topics/retail-rates.html

https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/rate-cards/NYC/NYC-RC-SPP-NewYorkNewJer...

for both legacy TWC and new SPectrum customers.

Expert

the TWC sites linked are over a year old and obsolete, none of that is currently offered other than as an existing legacy customer.

Go to the spectrum site... sites, whatever, i've found at least 3 of them with different info and nothing secific to NYS, some see i'm in Ohio and won't let me browse other states as well.

http://spectrumspecial.com/internet.php/?PID=msn:time_warner_internet:Time_Warner_Broad:Internet_Tim...

https://official.spectrum.com/spectrum60/lfo-9n?ca.mp=Bing&ca.cr=81226422344435&ca.kw=spectrum%20cab...

Valued Participant

Hmmm

They need to train people better I guess.

You can thank stopthecap.com that fought for and won several years for TWC's $14.99 ELP plan for NY residents only. It is required as a condition of Charter's acquisition on TWC. This plan is available to anyone without income qualifications and is not the same as Spectrum Internet Assist.

Established Sharer

ELP here in northeast Ohio, formerly served by TWC, was promoted as 2 down, 1 up.  Spectrum sent out an email to ELP subscribers in mid-April saying that ELP speeds had just been automaitically upgraded by Spectrum to 3 down, 1 up, a 50% downloading improvement at no extra charge.  A nice but empty gesture, since TWC had actually done that two months earlier, just before the 'merger' took effect, followed by all the routing and delay issues. 

Sharer

[ Edited ]

MsRaye wrote:

the TWC sites linked are over a year old and obsolete, none of that is currently offered other than as an existing legacy customer.

Go to the spectrum site... sites, whatever, i've found at least 3 of them with different info and nothing secific to NYS, some see i'm in Ohio and won't let me browse other states as well.

The links I posted above in my previosu message have two tabs which specify retail rates for both legacy TWC and Spectrum customers.  (Do not looks at the Broadband rate disclaimer directly on that page).  The rate cards are effective as of January 2017, and ELP is offered at $14.99.  They are not over a year old.

You will need to call and pester to get it.  I had to do so when I subscribed to it.

Sharer

MsRaye wrote:

The first site looks like a re-seller.  I'd stay away from that like the plague.

The second does have a disclaimer tab for retail rates, but surprisingly in the drop down there is no card for Ohio.