Rookie

100Mbps?

I've had the 20Mbps 'package' for-EVer....ads show even the base Internet is NOW 100Mbps. Mine's still @ 20Mbps...anyone seen theirs jump up to approaching 100Mbps?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: 100Mbps?

It is unlikely that your legacy internet package will be automatically upgraded to the current Spectrum 'teaser' speeds, UNLESS they mail you an announcement including an "on or after" cutover date.  

Rookie

Ok...I did an online Chat and since i'm still on Time Warner's service (but owned by Spectrum) I need to switch to Spectrum exclusively to get 100Mbps.

My main issue now is my wife uses a legacy email adress that I doubt Spectrum will support....remember adelphia.net? :-(

thanks

Established Sharer

Be forewarned that if you switch to Spectrum, the TV channels in your video package will change. 

As for the email, I'm going through a similar changeover hassle with AT&T and Yahoo.  I had DSL through my former Bell operating company SBC for a full decade.  Starting the week before Christmas AT&T has diverted all my incoming messages@SBCglobal.net to a Yahoo email address.  I want them to leave the NEW incoming SBC emails on my existng SBC account and kill off the Yahoo one instead.  NO JOY!

Rookie

To finish off this Thread....

I went ahead and upgraded to Spectrum and was told I could keep my old email and get 60Mpbs.....this was supposed to occur during the 'sales call' to authorize the upgrade. But 2 hours later still @ 20MBPS. So I got on ANOTHER chat w/a tech and after 20 minutes and two tries, I'm now over 100Mbps download and 11Mbps Upload...same price as before. 

I'll call them in  a week to see if I can any kind of a (better) deal. A friend is getting a similar package for less...but on Xfinity, which is not avl. in my area.

Newcomer

I was seeking a better deal and increased speed. Had to change out all TWC equipment to Spectrum (WHAT a pain) and bill was only reduced $2. However, the store where I made the equipment exchange gave me a little better deal. It took a while and many calls for each piece of equipment added on the phone with Spectrum to activate the equipment. (btw, they never told me that the new modem had a router in it, so I was using my router with the router/modem and possibly slowing down the speed - on site technician discovered this setup). I was not getting 100mb after all of that. Took a housecall from Spectrum. Very pleased with the technician, but not pleased with the answer. Connectivity at the outside box issues (tech repaired my line and reported the others to be fixed) and my old (3 yrs) internal wifi card (think that is what it is called) was not equipped to handle 100mb and depending on neighbors and their use of some equipment, I may never get 100mb. Yes, still downing the speeds based on the neighborhood usage. I can buy an external wifi adapter and increase the speed if my neighbors are not eating up the throughput.  A bit of a rant, but wanted to tell you the story of not reaching 100mb and the equipment change out for those considering a change.

Newcomer

No way we get that here in Amherst!!!!! Plus, for the 20 Mbps I get here Spectrum had the nerve to bump our price back up to $59.99 per month and say it was a "deal..."

I will leave them when other providers,  besides the DSL out here, become available!!!